Help! - Water in the passenger footwell - Indy
I have a 51 plate Ford Mondeo and recently noticed that the passenger footwell carpets were wet.

First I thought the Air Conditioning pipe had got clogged up but now it seems more like something totally different. I have noticed it especially after it has rained. Could it be a blocked drain or something? If so where exactly should I look? I have checked the door seals and they seem to be fine.

Any help in sorting this out would be appreciated
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - Adam {P}
Try the pollen filter if it's the same design as the Focus.
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - Xileno {P}
Adam is right, it's a classic symptom of a blocked pollen filter.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=25852&...f
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - cheddar
On the scuttle plate, the plastic area underneath the wiper on the near side (passenger side) there is a drain hole, this has a pipe connected to it underneath, the pipe may have come off or otherwise the molding that the pipe connects to may have come away in which case the nearside section of the scuttle plate will need renewing. To test this though, without have to dismantle anything, simply dry then tape over the drain hole with insulating tape and then see if there are any more signs of water ingress over a week or so. You can leave this hole taped up, it will just mean a puddle will collect around the bottom of the screen when the car is parked.

Regards.
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - Indy
Thanks for all the advice. Will check both the pollen filter and scuttle plate.
The pollen filter is under the scuttle plate, try taping the hole up first.
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - L'escargot
To help trace the source of a water/rain leak into a car look inside the car for evidence of water running down near-vertical surfaces. If it's rain it will (obviously) be easier during or immediately after the rain. Let us know how you get on.
--
L\'escargot.
The chances are, the ventilation ducts are very simimlar to the Focus ones.

If you look in the passenger footwell to the right, there should be a vertical rectangular vent for the footwell. Feel the top of this (you won't see it) and it will probably be wet.

Don't block it! The water will trickle down to the driver's side and the carpet becomes very wet, very quickly.

I don't want to panic you but you need to get it sorted quickly. A small amount of rain can make the inside of the car very wet, very quickly.
Adam, my post timed at 13:56 relates to the Mondeo specifically, perhaps let Indy try that first. While the Focus will be similar it is not the same.
Okey Doke. Sorry.
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - Stuartli
I once had this with the MkII Jetta - it was apparently caused by a faulty inner door membrane (VW had a particular batch that was not up to scratch it seems), but it's only a thought rather than a suggestion.

But the advice to get it seen to as soon as possible is sound as it can be difficult to get rid of both the water and smell from the carpets...:-(

Fortunately it was quite warm at the time I had the problem and leaving the carpets out on the driveway quickened up the drying process.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - deepwith
This happened in the Scenic (T reg) we had a few years ago - after the dealer had checked the drains from sun roof etc etc they investigated underneath and discovered it had never been welded!!! Worth a check.
I once had this with the MkII Jetta - it was
apparently caused by a faulty inner door membrane (VW had a
particular batch that was not up to scratch it seems), but
it's only a thought rather than a suggestion.

Well known on MkII Golfs etc, I think I still have a rear door membrane for a '90 Golf in the garage somewhere.
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - JohnM{P}
It won't smell quite as bad as my friend's Mini back in the 70's - his mother had put a pack of butter in one of the bins and then forgot it. The butter melted and ran into the door, to form a rather rancid alternative to Waxoyl...
Help! - Water in passenger the footwell - Nickdm
- Another possibility is water getting in through the base of the windscreen, because of a perished or incorrectly fitted rubber seal. Have you had a new windscreen recently? This is what happened to me with my Rover 200 10 years ago.

Except in my case it was the driver's footwell and I discovered the problem after a wet weekend in Amsterdam when their was half an inch of water in the car... the carpets were submerged. Soggy drive back to UK ensued!
Help! - Water in passenger footwell - Indy
All,

Thanks for the advice given. Followed the instructions and I seem to have sussed it up. Didn't find any dampness for two days now (fingers and toes crossed!).
Thankfully I didn't take it to a dealer who would have ripped me off (as it has happened in the past).

Again, thanks for all the advice given.
Help! - Water in the passenger footwell - fignon03

I had this problem with front passnger footwell, it was the weather seal that runs under both doors, some of the mounting pins for this seal had come loose, replaced the seal for 30quid and problem sorted, now i have similar problem with the drivers side rear passenger footwell, seal looks ok so still trying to figure this one out!

Help! - Water in the passenger footwell - Collos25

The rear doors on the Mondeo are renowned for letting in water it is normally the membrane inside the door trim that has failed allowing the water to drain inside instead of outside the car.You may be lucky and its only the drain holes that are blocked.

Help! - Water in the passenger footwell - esoxlucias

hello chaps follow this link. i fixed mine in 30 mins easy fix

http://www.mirez.co.uk/WaterProbs.htm