Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - Johno
Hi
Would Ford Ka owners give me an idea of what my servicing costs are likely to be. Fords offer three years servicing plus two years RAC breakdown cover for £470. This is based on the first two services costing £140 each and the third at £190 with basically the cost of the RAC cover thrown in. Does this sound like a good deal to you?
Many thanks for any advice offered.
Johno
Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - tyro
Ka bought Sept 2003.
First service (2004) was £100, 2nd service (2005) was £129
Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - smoke
Price of servicing depends on where you are in the UK. My neck of the woods, Ford charges 90 quid per hour labour. When i had my Ka, the first three services were never under a 150 pounds, in fact my third service was nearer 250 due to the car also needing an MOT.
Check out local dealer labour charges, and see if its a good deal or not.
Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - Quinny100
My local Ford dealer charges £90 to service a Ka, a major service is £115. Repairs are charged at £40 per hour.

There is a lot of competition due to massive numbers of Ford dealers in the north west, but some of the bigger places charge nearly twice as much as the privately owned dealer I use.

In any case I don't think its a good deal - they've got £470 of your own money for 3 years and you only need the first 2 services done at a dealer to keep the warranty in tact for 3 years (strictly speaking you shouldn't need any servicing done at the dealers, but it will save hassle later if you need a warranty claim). I'd take a Ka to an independant once the warranty was up - mechanically they're very simple and any garage will be able to service it properly.
Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - MuttleyMcLad
My ka has done (nearly) 6k miles, im in the north west (Cheshire), what indpendent ford garages does any1 recommend? I've heard good things about Burns @ Congleton, Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Rich
Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - Leif
It depends what mileage you will be doing. I did about 45K in 3 years, and so the Ford deal would have been worth getting. If you do less than 10K per year (i.e. 1 service per year) then it is probably not worth bothering with. I would check what they cover in the servicing. Is it just basic servicing, or does it include any replacement worn/damaged parts beyond the normal 3 year cover? I would also check what level of RAC cover you will get.

Leif
Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - frazerjp
My Ford Ka is serviced at a franchised dealer near me, the labour rate is about £70 an hour, but they do a check up all round before the service to check what needs doing & estimate how much it will be. Perrys of High Wycombe is where i go & i was charged £249 for a full service including new brake fluid which isnt too bad considering it is a main dealer.
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Ford Ka servicing, advice needed. - Leif
For reference the prices charged by Thames Valley Ford in Slough are between £120 and £180 for minor and middle services, but as yet no major service. Those figures exclude extras such as new tyres etc. Leif