Realistic valuation please? - SlightlyFatRep
Dear All,

My wife has a 1999 T reg (Pre-face-lift) Ford Fiesta 1.2LX in Tourmallard Green. It has Aircon and usual elec windows, central locking etc. Has 22k miles, service history and she is the 3rd owner. It has been HPI checked etc. In very good condition (a few touched up stone chips on the front but otherwise very good).

We are contemplating something a little larger and hence will sell the Fiesta privately.

I do not trust the valuations in What Car? Etc (bourne out when trying to value a friend's Vectra in a previous thread) so would appreciate 'someone who knows' realistic idea of what I would get in a private sale.

Many thanks for your time!
Realistic valuation please? - Nsar
Have you tried searching for the same car on Autotrader?
Not yet. The thing is that there are so many of this type of car with different spec's and in different condition with wildly differing asking prices. What they actually sell for is a different matter.......For example in the local paper I have seen something similar but a year newer for just under £4,000 and one a year older for £1,800. Not easy to judge!

Therefore I hope someone can give me a more acurate expectation.
Realistic valuation please? - Adam {P}
SFP,

This is a complete stab in the dark and is solely a ballpark figure.

I wouldn't imagine it would be a million miles away from £2,300 but that's a complete guess.

My Mum's is a Y reg with 29k on and is the facelifted one - that was 3 grand and it's spotless.

My N reg Ghia Auto with 70k on was around £1800 the year before last.

Sorry it's a little out of date but that shoudl be of some help.

I can safely say that the one you've seen is not worth 4 grand though!
Realistic valuation please? - DavidHM
I'd say Adam's in the right ballpark. The two closest are 37k in black for £2k and 22k in white for £2,700. No prizes for guessing which one I'd go for; £2,300 is probably a nice sensible price to put it in for but accept £2k.
Many thanks for your input. Well, it gives me some idea.

We have had the car for two years and at that rate it has lost £1,000 a year. My wife has ben trying to pursuade me to buy her a 2nd hand Porsche Boxster as it would depreciate less than that a year for at least a year or two of fun motoring.

My argument is that it only seats 2 and there is 3 of us including our daughter. Her reply is 'so what?'. Ho Hum.......Don't think she can picture me in the car at the same time as her...........

I think in the light of the values we have had above, it would be just as well hold on to the Fiesta. It's reliable, has the all important A/C and can only lose £2,000 tops in the next two years or so anyway.
Realistic valuation please? - NARU
Depreciation is only part of the cost - Bet the fiesta costs a lot less to run over the next two years!
Exactly! My arguement would be that just 1 tyre on the Boxster would cost more than I have spent on the Fiesta in two years!