Seat Ibiza - stiff clutch - smokie
Daughter has an Ibiza, X reg, which I helped her buy some months back at about 35k miles. When I test drove it, it was noticeable that the clutch was quite hard to depress, and the bite point was very high. The guy said the clutch had been replaced (receipted) at about 30k miles).

It's now over 50k and well overdue a service, (or at least an oil change). She's learnt to live with the clutch, which isn't any different. However, what's likely to be the cause, and cost of rectification (non dealer..!)
Bump...
Seat Ibiza - stiff clutch - Collos25
£130 paid at local garage on a lady friends ibiza last week
Seat Ibiza - stiff clutch - Number_Cruncher
If it is a cable operated clutch, I would put a new cable on, and check the linkage before even considering any more expensive possibilities. A new cable can, in some cases, completely transform the pedal feel of a clutch.

Number_Cruncher
Seat Ibiza - stiff clutch - Altea Ego
And if its a cable clutch, and it feels stiff, its going to break - soonish.
Seat Ibiza - stiff clutch - Leon on Derv
Agree with the above. Had a stiff cable on a mondeo clutch lots of years ago. I quite like a stiff clutch pedal however the plastic ratchet type thing on the top of the pedel didn't like it. Ended up breaking the ratchet into pieces.

Replace the cable as a starter for ten.

Leon
Thx all. When it goes in I'll have the cable swapped. I don't imagine that's a big job...