My Missus and her dreaded 1.1 Fiesta - BigAl
I wrote about the starting problems with this car a couple of months ago and it seems that other back-roomers have come across the problem before. The other day, it did the same thing - cutting out about 3ooyds down the road after allowing the revs to drop whilst negotiating a left turn out of a junction. It then refused to start whilst sitting in a busy road.

My wife was very pleased with herself when I saw her this evening for having got the car going again by engaging 1st gear and using the starter motor to move the irritating beast. After the third go with the starter motor in this way - it gave in gracefully and started. She then continued on her way.

Well, it worked - but how much of this can a Fiesta stand! For that matter, how much more of this Fiesta can I stand!

BigAl
Re: My Missus and her dreaded 1.1 Fiesta - Ashley
I was one of the culprits who asked for advice about these wretched motors. The car is owned by a friend of the family, it's been sorted by the local Ford dealer but how much it cost i don't know.

Sell it and buy a VW Polo 1.4CL 3dr.

regards,

Ash.
Re: My Missus and her dreaded 1.1 Fiesta - smokie
My mrs has the same problem each year, same week. She does b*gger all miles over a year, and the oil filler cap, which has a mesh filter, and the thin pipe from it to the air filter get bunged up with emulsified oil thus not allowing the engine to breathe properly. Quick clean with paraffin and off it goes again.