Mk1 Mondeo Idling Issues.. :( - Ph0en1xUk
Hi, I have a 1.8L Petrol 1995 Mondeo LX.

Its recently just had a new starter motor, plugs,oil filter etc. ( Its done 168,000 miles)

It used to stall before I had the starter motor changed, but now it still does. It can sit at idle for some time, the idle speed will vary between 1200rpm and 950... and then all of a sudden it will drop off... the engine will try to recover, but then it will drop off and stall. I does this in traffic as well.

Fairly annoying... I believe the problem is fuel related, as its had new air filter etc..

Somebody I spoke to said it could be a split fuel distributer/valve or something, but Im not sure... Could be throttle position sensor... Is there a way of checking? Im sure this is a common problem... just no straight forward answers..

Any help would be great!

Bump
Mk1 Mondeo Idling Issues.. :( - Dynamic Dave
See if Andrew's suggestion in the following thread helps:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=21...0
Tried that... no effect.... still have the idling issue :S

Any more ideas, this is a high mileage mondeo.
Mk1 Mondeo Idling Issues.. :( - Richteo
check out the rubber T-piece under the coil pack. Its meant to cause no end of troubles with idling on mk 1 mondeos when they age and perish. they are only a few quid from ford.

Have a look at this site: Sorry I'm not sure how to make it a link, but go to information and bad idle guide. It should help.

www.btinternet.com/~madmole/
Mk1 Mondeo Idling Issues.. :( - Richteo
Nice no codes required. Sure you used to have to type stuff before and after the link.
Mk1 Mondeo Idling Issues.. :( - Dynamic Dave
Nice no codes required. Sure you used to have to type stuff before and after the link.

Nope. All you need to do is to put the http:// bit in, as mentioned in the Announcements section. "Posting Website Adresses."