A Dream Realised - BobbyG
At a friends wedding yesterday. On leaving it, notice a silver Ferrari in the car park. Me and my 2 friends (all rather inebriated) go over and have a look. The owner appears from behind us, sees us drooling over his car, and comes over, opens the doors and says "go in, sit in the drivers seat".
Well you don't wait for him to change his mind do you. So there I am , sitting in a Ferrari, my boyhood (and current) dreams coming true. He starts the engine for me and tells me to rev it up.
I did. What a fabulous unbelievable sound from that engine!! Its undescribable, just fantastic!
SWMBO took some photos (well we still hadn't taken any pictures of the bride yet!)
Not sure what type of Ferrari it was, I do know it was soft top, 02 Reg and had paddle gearchange controls!

What a feeling it was to finally achieve a dream! Woke up this morning to a load of texts on my phone. On checking, I realised I had texted everyone in my phone to tell them! Even woke my 7 year old son at half one this morning to tell him!!!

I am still on a high 24 hours later because of that engine noise!

(No doubt I could have been in a bit of bother sitting revving up a car in a private car park whilst drunk but when you are realising one of your dreams, you don't think about these things)
A Dream Realised - islandman
(No doubt I could have been in a bit of bother sitting revving up a car in a private car park whilst drunk but when you are realising one of your dreams, you don't think about these things)

I think you might have been in a bit more bother if you'd dropped the clutch and took off in it. You could have taken the bride with you - I'm sure your wife would have understood. Mine wouldn't though!
A Dream Realised - BobbyG
Ha Ha, one thing I do remember is the guy saying it didn't have a clutch pedal!
A Dream Realised - islandman
Ha Ha, one thing I do remember is the guy saying
it didn't have a clutch pedal!

>>

Great - so much for staying in on Saturday night with a few bottles of wine!!! The wife can't understand why I can talk to her, watch VH1 Classic and have the laptop going. Being a man I can do 3 things at once!!
A Dream Realised - Dynamic Dave
Me and my 2 friends (all rather inebriated)....
So there I am , sitting in a Ferrari, my boyhood (and current) dreams
coming true. He starts the engine for me and tells me to rev it up. I did.....

Lucky for you the boys in blue weren't around ;o)

A Ferrari in Silver? Nope, doesn't do anything for me. Has to be in red or yellow for it to be a proper Ferrari, IMHO.