M25 J4/M11/Stansted: Any roadworks? - volvoman
Haven't done this run for a while but will be doing so midweek, aiming to arrive at Stansted for an 09.00 weekday flight.

Does anyone know of any current or forthcoming roadworks on the M25 or M11 which may affect my timing?

I normally leave at about 06.30 allowing about an hour for the journey but on a previous trip roadworks on the M11 very nearly spoiled the party!

Also, are there any websites which detail current motorway problem areas?

Many thanks!
M25 J4/M11/Stansted: Any roadworks? - smokie
"Live" traffic flow information here, you can check just before you leave.

vauxhall.co.uk/trafficnet/index.jhtml
M25 J4/M11/Stansted: Any roadworks? - rjc
The Highways Agency also have a live site, which shows current & planned works.

It also shows what is on the matrix boards around the country.

www.highways.gov.uk/trafficinfo/

It is normally pretty accurate.
M25 J4/M11/Stansted: Any roadworks? - drbe
LBC radio on 1152 AM has traffic reports updated every 10 minutes "on the 1s" i.e. 11minutes past, 21 minutes past and so on.
M25 J4/M11/Stansted: Any roadworks? - volvoman
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be keeping my ear to the radio on the day but really wondered if there was any work being done on that route right now or on the day which might either alter my timing on the day or even make me consider a route change whilst I've still got time. Couldn't check out Smokie's suggestion (it wouldn't work for some reason) but will try out the Highways Agency one ASAP.

Thanks again.
M25 J4/M11/Stansted: Any roadworks? - Altea Ego
You need macromedia flash and some pop up blockers prevent that site working. Its very handy tho.

The highways agency one gives you all the roadworks. (if they know about them and havent forgotten any)
M25 J4/M11/Stansted: Any roadworks? - smokie
Here's the real site name in case it's a tinyurl problem.

vauxhall.co.uk/trafficnet/index.jhtml