Good deal? Ford Focus... - andy76
You may know from my other posts I have been looking at changing my car.
Anyway, went to see what Ford could do today as was very impressed with the New Focus I had as a hire car for two days.
At least as good as the BMW 118d I tried a few days back in my opinion.

They are trying to offer me the following:
Ford New Focus 1.6 TDCi Zetec Climate with the optional 17" alloys and metallic paint for £14500.
List price new is just over £16000.

Car is unregistered, BUT was built last November - it is showing on their stock list as a launch vehicle.
How much does this age matter?
Car is in showroom and looks OK at first glance.

However, have their been any major spec changes since this car was built?
Also, I am sure I saw there was a 90bhp 1.6 tdci engine at some point, whereas current ones are 110bhp.

Any way of telling which engine this car has?

On the surface this looks a good deal but any words of caution?
Dealers excuse is they need the registrations for the month, hence the price.

Andrew
Good deal? Ford Focus... - smokie
Can't advise, but check the Week's Best Deals link to the right as there may be good deals there too.

Good deal? Ford Focus... - DavidHM
It's not that cheap - www.drivethedeal.com is £1k cheaper for the same spec (assuming it has air con - it's not standard) and is a five door with the Euro III engine.

As far as I'm aware there was no 90 bhp engine at all at launch and it's never been offered in the Zetec, so I'm all but certain that it'll be the 110 bhp version.

You don't mention a p/x, which is not possible with drivethedeal - but as far as I know they register the car to you straight away, which some others don't. If you can get a generous part exchange allowance then it's worth going for; otherwise, given that it's been standing for a year it's not worth it. If there's no air con, don't touch it with a bargepole at this or any price, and if it's a three door it looks expensive too.

You could also consider the Sport, which is cheaper still, although it lacks body coloured door handles (!) and only has 16" wheels. That's £12,684 from drivethedeal with metallic.

If it's not a
Good deal? Ford Focus... - madf
2005 55 Reg FORD Focus 1.6 TDCi Zetec Britannia Leasing Ltd 5 Doors, Diesel, 0 miles, Various Metallics. Business Contract Hire. PCP. Lease Purchase. HP. Competitive Dealer Facilities on all Makes & . . . . (trade)
£13,475
16 miles
madf
Good deal? Ford Focus... - Blue {P}
I can't remember if our first Focus demo car was a launch, or pre-launch model, but I do remeber that when it needed a new windscreen they couldn't get one for it, it was off the road at least 3 weeks that I know of, to this day I'm not sure how long it took them to get it back on the road. That was purely because it was slightly different to the standard production models.

Andy - if you're going to get one I reckon you may be able to do better, not sure, but worth doing a bit more looking around. The upgraded alloys are definately worth it though, they look much better than standard.

The new Focus saloon is pretty nice as well...

Blue
Good deal? Ford Focus... - andy76
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
I DO have a p/x so some of the best brokers deals would be difficult for me.
drivethedeal price though does not seem to include metallic or the bigger wheels. Though not a must if you compared directly the difference is down to about £600.

Interesting comment Blue about the windscreen. Anyone else got more info on this?
It was this type of thing that made me wary of the deal.
The must be some reason why they have had the car so long!
Good deal? Ford Focus... - DavidHM
Sorry Andy, I could have sworn it was cheaper yesterday :-(

It is unusual for them to have a car that long, especially one in reasonable demand. Not sure what the practical consequences of that would be but the deal now seems pretty keen. Just hammer out a good p/x.
Good deal? Ford Focus... - smokie
I wonder if they read this thread???
Good deal? Ford Focus... - Altea Ego
If it was my own money, I would never buy ANY new car within 6 months or a year of its launch date.

Too many niggles not ironed out.
Good deal? Ford Focus... - Adam {P}
Andy,

It's taken them a good while to find out the rear wiper problem on teh new Focus despite it being fitted to the so called "test bed" car the C-Max.

I too share some reservations about just why this car's been sitting there for so long and nothing so far has dissuaded me from them.

--
Adam
Good deal? Ford Focus... - Adam {P}
Whilst that wiper comment seemed to have come from thin air, I was backing RF up. Look at the problems they had with the early mk 3 Mondeos and early C-Max's.

Ford don't have the best reputation for brand new line ranges when it comes to quality control.
--
Adam
Good deal? Ford Focus... - Blue {P}
Andy - check out www.directford.co.uk

They have brand new Focus 1.6 TDCi Zetec 5 doors available for £13,995. The only thing that you would need to ask about is the upgraded alloys.

They are UK cars and from a reputable dealer group in the North East but they can arrange delivery and can certainly do part exchanges.

Might be worth a look?

Blue