Ex lease vehicles - Jonny Koala
Does anyone know how to go about buying ex-lease vehicles? My current car is an ex-lease vehicle which I bought from a dealer, and although it has a high mileage, it has a very high spec and is spotless. I've had a lot of interest from friends and family about getting hold of these type of cars, and rather than buying from someone who has already made a mark up, I was wondering if anyone knows of any lease companies who let you buy their cars.

Hope someone can help!
Ex lease vehicles - smokie
A mate bought a car from Hertz leasing a few years back but that was through a contact.

Most ex-lease go through auction, which is where I usually buy.
Ex lease vehicles - NARU
I understand that some lease companies send all their cars to auction, whereas others sell the best (either through their own 'retail' outlet or via deals with traders) before sending the remainder to auction.

So if you can find the policies you're chances of finding a good one rise?
Thanks guys. If anyone else has any information, I'd be glad to hear it. Would be nice to pick these cars up before they go to auction and traders get their hands on them!
Ex lease vehicles - AK76
i bought mine from Blackbushe in March - ex leasecar.

No problems at all, and in fact when you go the ex-lease cars have a full description of vehicle particulars on the windscreen including:

Mot expiry date
V5 with it or not?
Service history
date of registration

whereas with the private/dealers cars they dont really come with anything.

Also some lease companies have had an engineers report done and it will say if this has been done.

Prices were about part ex prices, and generally all cleaned (to some extent!).

Also in addition to the service history in the service book, you may even get a print out of all the work that has been done on the car. I had that with mine.

One thing i found really helpful is that when i wanted to clarify something on the aforementioned service sheet i rang them up and happily clarified it. They also told me which dealer had serviced it and not put the stamp in the book, so i rang the dealer, they said send them the book and they stamped and returned it. Ace!

Overall, when i go to auction next i would only buy ex-lease as it was so well represented.
Ex lease vehicles - holtyboy
Interesting. I'm thinking of heading to a Blackbushe auction (it's only 5 mins down the road from me). Have you found any of the lease companies to be better than others in terms of the information they supply?

Also, being completely new to all of this, I'm a bit confused as to what the different sellers are.

For instance this Friday at Blackbushe, there is: Lloyds TSB Autolease (which I'm guessing is a lease firm!); Hitachi Capital (?); Bank of Scotland (would this be lease or are they selling off fleet cars?); Peugeot; Citroen (when you see the manufacturers, what is this: personal lease plan returns or could it be anything?)
Sounds interesting. Shame I live miles away in Wales! Have noticed that Blackbushe is a British Car Auction site and there are others around the country. Anyone have any experience of other BCA sites?
Ex lease vehicles - smokie
I bought at Preston once. A lot less busy than Blackbushe. Other than that, not much difference.
Ex lease vehicles - SjB {P}
Back at the beginning of 2003 I expressed to the leasco an interest in buying for my missus the spotless and much enjoyed Vectra GSi Estate I'd had as a company car for three years.

They made a pretty stiff 'take it or leave it' offer with no room for negotiation and which was way above likely auction value. If I didn't like the offer I had to go to the auction and bid with everyone else.

In the end insurance for my wife with one year's UK driving experience was the killer so I never pursued either path.