Smokey Cavalier - Protoman
My K-reg Cavalier has served me well for the past 7 years but when it has been on tick-over for a few minutes, or on startup sometimes, it smokes blue.

It doesn't burn oil when running normally, only after standing with the engine running. Valve stem oil seals? If so, how hard is it to change them?

It's always sad to leave the poor outside diners at MacDonalds coughing in a big cloud of blue smoke but it makes my young granddaughter smile.
Smokey Cavalier - horatio
Valves are very difficult, but it might not be that ??dunno??
Smokey Cavalier - bbroomlea{P}
had the same issue when i had my old Metro GTa...driven to death mind... Little oil consumption on long runs but once sitting at tick over and around town the smoke was very bad...

result was either head gasket or piston ring...both were replaced as piston ring had broke (ticking at tickover) and problem was solved...

may not be too much help but could give you somewhere to start.
Smokey Cavalier - Civic8
Sounds like valve seals,if you dont know what you doing suggest you get a competent mechanic to fix it.I dont recall these being hard to do!.
--
Steve
Smokey Cavalier - Aprilia
Yes, the seals go hard. They can be changed with the head in-situ, so not a dear job.
Smokey Cavalier - sierraman
A special tool will be needed to depress the valves,should be under a tenner.One tip,block all oilways with bits of rag so that nothing can go down them.I write from experience......although I did get lucky when I went fishing in the sump with a magnet on a piece of wire!
Smokey Cavalier - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Please get your car fixed or off the road.
As an asthmatic I will not be smiling when breathing in your colourful emissions.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.