replacement for '04 996 carrera2 cab - Alfaman
Ok, firstly this is a nice problem to have and ponder on a beautiful sunny day....a friend has asked me for help. I am just surprised at how difficult it is to answer. 'Mr Loaded' has '04 911 carrera 2 cabriolet and needs/wants to replace with a 2+2 open sports car. But what??? has the value of 996 (call it £50k) + £20k thrown in. The only thing I can think of is a Aston DB7 volante (2-3 years old). When it comes to adding 2 seats in the back you are seriously restricted... he doesn't want a Merc CLK (not flash enough) and can't afford a 550 maranello barchetta..tough life eh!

any ideas?

replacement for '04 996 carrera2 cab - trancer
BMW 645i convertible, if thats not expensive enough he could always wait to see if they make a drop top M6.
replacement for '04 996 carrera2 cab - chris_w
Does he really need the +2?

The only things I can think of are maybe an Audi S4, the CLK 55 or as mentioned before the 6 series.

Depending on how old he's looking, he may be able to stretch to a Bentley drop top?
replacement for '04 996 carrera2 cab - Alfaman
needs the extra seats for occasional kid use...sadly. Bentley is a good 'left of centre' approach, James May would be up your street on that one! sadly he is more Clarkson orientated..if you follow my drift, so CLK 55 or BMW 645 good...I just feel that he really craves for something less main stream..what he really needs is a db9 volante, they are simply GORGEOUS...saw one at Walton-on Thames yesterday with him (stuck in the M25 knock on jams)..but no he can't stretch to £140k+
replacement for '04 996 carrera2 cab - Round The Bend
The MASERATI 4200 Cambiocorsa seems to fit the bill.
Just about a 2+2 ....... how big are the occasional kids?

replacement for '04 996 carrera2 cab - Round The Bend
MASERATI link

www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carreviews/review.aspx?...5

replacement for '04 996 carrera2 cab - cheddar
An SL, SL500, 55 or 600 seem like the obvious choice.