advice - mat10010
I have just had to take my car in to have the rear brake discs & pads renewed due to the rear pads going down to the metal. This after my local Nissan dealership advising me a few weeks ago during a standard service that the brakes should be checked in 6 months time/ 6,000 miles and that the rear brakes were half worn!

They wouldn't pay for the disc renewal with the local garage, suggesting that I bring the parts in at which time they will assess them and pay if there is a fault.

Anyone had experience of this before and can advise me of what to do/watch out for ?

Thanks

Matthew
advice - Adam {P}
I take it it's a relatively new Nissan still in warranty?
--
Adam
advice - mat10010
Adam

no, it's not under warranty. It is 5 years old and with a full Nissan service history
advice - Aprilia
The Nissan dealer's approach seems fair enough to me. They want to verify that the damage has actually taken place.
advice - Altea Ego
If you have it in writing that the rear brakes were ok for 6k miles (its usually written on the service sheet or tick list) then you can insist that they replace the disks (not the pads) and the proportion of labour that was involved in disk replacement.

IF -

1/ you need to have the advice in writing somewhere
2/ The disks need replacement because they have been scored by worn pads.
3/ You have done consdierably less than 6k miles (it was only an estimate after all)

advice - mat10010
Thanks for the follow up.

Your 3 points are sensible and given that we have (1), (2) has been confirmed by the garage and we have retained the pads and (3) the vehicle has only done 1,000 miles since service, they should have no issues in reimbursing parts + labour.

Failing that, as a long-established local dealer that relies on reputation, I am sure I can kick up some fuss!

Thanks again.

Matthew