2000 Vectra 2.5 V6 CDX Temps/Coolant - tcpaulh
Well I did the auction on Saturday and picked up a (hopefully) nice W-Reg Vectra 2.5 V6 CDX with FSH and 62K on the clock for £2350

It has the Multi-Info-Display or whatever it's called and has 'Coolant Level Check' displayed on it constantly.

The coolant is full (I mean to the top) and temps reach 95C within minutes and then seem to stay there.

I've heard of a V6 software upgrade for the V6's info display which might get rid of the warning message but dont know if this applies in this case?

I'm wondering if it gives a warning when there is too much coolant in?

Also, are the temps too high or is it normal for the Vectra to run at 95C?

Finally, should I be worried about the 'coolant level check' message? Perhaps I shouldn't be driving it at all until I get it checked out?
2000 Vectra 2.5 V6 CDX Temps/Coolant - Pugugly {P}
Check that the float sensor within the resevoir is
working, if its like the cavalier one of youre, it forms part of the lid. May be worth renewing the coolant and filling with the correct one and replacing the cap as well as a precaution, thermostat may be worth looking at any way. Check your auto-fan as well.
2000 Vectra 2.5 V6 CDX Temps/Coolant - tcpaulh
Thanks. I'll give it a look. I have noticed that the glycol coolant expands more than I expected when hot so I can probably top it up when it's cold.
2000 Vectra 2.5 V6 CDX Temps/Coolant - Dynamic Dave
The coolant is full (I mean to the top)

Too full. It should only be filled up to the half way point where the lip runs all the way around.
and temps reach 95C within minutes and then seem to stay there.

Sounds a bit high. Should be around 88 to 90 deg C when up to operating temperature.

As for the warning message, it could be that the float is stuck in the reservior.
2000 Vectra 2.5 V6 CDX Temps/Coolant - Pugugly {P}
"Sounds a bit high. Should be around 88 to 90 deg C when up to operating temperature"

It could be wrong thermostat.