focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - reggaetonto
was gonna buy one of these,looked under the bonnet and saw 100ps. Also there is a tdci badge on back+front,it seems to be a stick on job(diy). There is a zetec badge on passenger side which seems genuine. How do i know if its a genuine tdci or just a 1.8,probably check the vehicle documents? help please i'm confused
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - Wales Forester
Ford did these 1.8 TDCi's in 100 & 115PS versions so sounds like you've been looking at the former.

PP
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - Blue {P}
Just get the chassis number and give Ford a ring, they will tell you what engine it has fitted when it rolled off the production line at the very least. The only thing they can't say is what has happened since then of course. The number is on their website under "contact us"

www.ford.co.uk

Blue
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - Stuartli
If you can get hold of the VIN look it up at:

www.analogx.com/contents/vinview.htm
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - Adam {P}
The way it reads, is that he's asking how does he know it's a diesel over a petrol no which TDCi variant it is.

Is that what you're asking tonto?
--
Adam
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - y2k+4
Well I have another interpretation. I think tonto is asking whether it is a TDCi or a TDdi. The answer is because the TDCi came with either 100ps or 115ps, while the Tddi had 90ps. But as Blue said, a phone call to Ford should sort it.
That would make a lot more sense.
--
Adam
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - cheddar
Reckon the TDCi 100 should have rear drum brakes unless it is an estate where all TDCi 115's had rear discs.
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - quizman
Reckon the TDCi 100 should have rear drum brakes unless it
is an estate where all TDCi 115's had rear discs.

>>

No they didn't, my wife's Focus TDCI 115bhp has rear drum brakes.

A friend's Focus TDCI 100bhp has rear disc brakes! I suppose they just fitted whatever they felt like.
The TD represents, obviously, Turbo Diesel and the differences are highlighted at:

encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Endura-D and encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Duratorq

There were also 1.4 and 1.6 TDCi versions with the former used in the Fiesta IIRC.

News about Ford/Peugeot diesel engine production plans:

tinyurl.com/8djq8

Hi Stuart,

The TDCi link you post (second link) refers to the 16v, twin cam, chain driven 2.0 ltr engine as used in the Mondeo and X-Type and not the 1.8 in the Focus. The 1.8 TDCi is basically the same endine as the TDDi Endura-D (as per the first link) though was transformed in both performance and refinement terms by the fitment of the common rail injection system, it may be an oldish engine by mechanical design now though very much still cuts it. This engine was 90ps TDDi ot 100 & 115ps TDCi common rail.

The new Focus has different engines again, 110ps 1.6 and 136ps 2.0 belt cam units developed by Ford/PSA, these are mentioned in the second of your links.

Regards.
Actually Cheddar, they've just reintroduced the 1.8 TDCi in the new Focus.
Actually Cheddar, they've just reintroduced the 1.8 TDCi in the new
Focus.

This was mentioned in another thread though I have not had it confirmed. It is not yet on the Ford website.

Nevertheless the author of this threads question was about the 100 and 115ps engines in the previous Focus.
>> Actually Cheddar, they've just reintroduced the 1.8 TDCi in the
new
>> Focus.
>>
This was mentioned in another thread though I have not had
it confirmed. It is not yet on the Ford website.

Confirmed.
Thanks for that. You're right, yet the original link:

encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Ford_Focus

lists the 100 and 115PS common rail units...:-)
found out since. the seller told me he fitted a module to make it 115ps. it was originally 100ps. this was why i was wonderin why he advertised it as 115ps when i saw 100ps under the bonnet! how do i know if he's bluffin me or not?
Something on these lines?

www.mrhoot.com/defaultgoogleads.asp
true!
also, the tdci badges on the front+back are stick on jobs i take it. ford dont have them on the focus originally do they. they look a bit plastic to me. wot u fink-rip em off!?
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - borasport20
It seems to me what you are buying is a car 'chipped' from 100ps to 115ps (or not, indeed)

At one end of the scale, he has chipped a 100ps to 115ps. If you buy this car, in the eyes of the insurance industry, you are buying a modified car, not a 115ps car - just phone your insurance company and ask for quotes for the 115ps and a 100ps chipped to 115ps

At the other end of the scale, you may be being totally ripped off - he has done nothing to the engine, but has stuck TDCi badges on it - run way !
It seems to me what you are buying is a car
'chipped' from 100ps to 115ps (or not, indeed)
At one end of the scale, he has chipped a 100ps
to 115ps. If you buy this car, in the eyes of
the insurance industry, you are buying a modified car, not a
115ps car - just phone your insurance company and ask for
quotes for the 115ps and a 100ps chipped to 115ps
At the other end of the scale, you may be being
totally ripped off - he has done nothing to the engine,
but has stuck TDCi badges on it - run way !
It is a TDCi allrite,only fing i was wonderin was the TDCi badge isnt usually on a focus is it, not like say a golf where they all have them factory fitted like. i fink badges stuk on(diy like) look stupid(maybe just my opinion). insurance never asked me about 115ps,they seemed2happy enough with 1.8 diesel,thats all they asked me. could that be another can of worms opened if i ever put a claim in?

i agreed a price with the seller,phoned him next day,told him i was just waitin4finance2come through. he then tells me its still up4sale in the meantime. when u make a deal u shud stik2it i say. maybe he wants more dosh! no not maybe-DEFINATLEY!!!
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - blue_haddock
I can see where he is coming from - what happens if he takes the car off sale and turns down several other people and then you can't get the finance? I always work on the basis of the first person to give me a decent sized non-refundable deposit gets it.
They did fit TDCi badges to the cars. I don't think the Focus got one on the grille but I could be wrong. (I know other Fords do).

Secondly, the insurance need to know if anything's been done to it. Far better in the long run if you need to claim.

Third, I agree with b_h. Give him a nice deposit and he'll probably play ball.

--
Adam
focus 1.8 tdci 115ps zetec (2004) - Quinny100
The TDCi 100 and 115's in the Focus are mechanically identical - the only difference is the software.

A tame Ford dealer will be able to install the 115 software on a 100 using their WDS computer.

I would avoid a TDCi fitted with a tuning box - they don't take to them very well as all they do is fool the ECU into increasing the fuel pressure rather crudely and can cause problems with the injectors.
Focus badges (engine and models), as far as I can tell, were either ordered for factory-fitment, added on by an owner, or a dealer-fit option. There doesn't appear to be any logic as to why some have them and some don't.