Mondeo mk2 speedo problem - courrierdave
I have a June 98 Mondeo Ghia x with a speedo problem. The problem I am getting is the speedo dies and at the same time the low fuel warning lights come on for about a second then goes out. The fuel guage is unaffected and still reads ok, when the speedo starts to work again the low fuel light comes on again for a about a second then goes out. Sometimes the speedo will not work for 10 mins or it can last a day or so then it works fine for a few mins or a few days .
Many Thanks to anyone who can help me with this matter.
Mondeo mk2 speedo problem - harrierlee
hello, i had a problem on my mondeo with the fuel gauge reading the wrong way, changed the sender in the tank first, still reading wrong. then i change the gauge, still reading wrong. then i noticed that the gauge circuit runs through the speedo unit, on the back of the speedo itself, so i changed this as a last resort and hey presto it worked, only trouble was, the speedo i got from the scrappy added 45k miles to the car!!
but at leat the fuel gauge worked.
this is probably not the answer you wanted but its worth noting eh ?. might be something different like a sensor or somthing. just thought id mention it to you anyway.
Mondeo mk2 speedo problem - Dynamic Dave
Not sure if this helps you or not?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=14253