how can I stop my rogue car alarm? - barney100
My car alarm of its own accord will start sometimes in the middle of the night. Its a W merc c class and I am told that looking the door with the key will do the trick. I am getting embarrasses with neighbours looking out of their curtains in the early hours to see who the noisy culprit is. Their is also a switch on the dash with a tow hook symbol which effects the alarm but no instruction on how to use it.
how can I stop my rogue car alarm? - adverse camber
I had this problem for a few days, alarm would go off in the early hours of the morning, but never during the day....

...then I caught the moth.
how can I stop my rogue car alarm? - Dynamic Dave
The usual culprit for a false alarm is the bonnet switch - especially in hot weather. Bonnet expands with heat, and if the switch is borderline between being off or on, then the alarm will sound. Check to see if the switch bracket hasn't been knocked out of alignment, and if it has, bend it back.
how can I stop my rogue car alarm? - The Gingerous One
You could always disconnect the siren in the meantime/whilst fault-finding. I had the same problem on my M reg Primera but never bothered fixing it but to stop it sounding I just disconnected the horn (which doubles as the alarm sounder).

Of course, it failed it's MoT 6 months later as I'd forgotten to reconnect it.......
how can I stop my rogue car alarm? - mountainkat
-- as already said check all the door switches/bonnet switch for signs of corrosion etc first, if you find nothing I'd suggest getting a new one fitted

-- car alarms are not designed to last forever & often cause problems after a few years
how can I stop my rogue car alarm? - Tiffx19
Thanks Dave! Always wondered why my alarm went off when the sun comes out!! My 95 C200 has a LED which flashes codes if the alarm has been triggered,just checked the handbook,and it flashes up "bonnet sensor" Sorted!
how can I stop my rogue car alarm? - Happy Blue!
The tow hook switch is used to stop the alarm going off when the car is towed away! I think it is the same switch to isolate the movement sensors inside the car, but you switch it in the opposite direction. Use both just as you turn the car off I think.

Its about three years since I had a C-class, so may have forgotten the details.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?