new mondeo problems now - andy30
how do,

i think its best to start a new thread due to size for reading the other on "mondeo vibration through seats on motorway"

i still have the seat vibration on motorway, i'm probably going to either get 2 new tyres or alloys as it could be either.

But i have 2 new problems.

i put the new tyres on the front as a test to see if the vibrations through the seat went away and i have another problem, the car is veering to the left, the front did have more wear on the outsides like.

is this the tracking that would fix this?

2nd problem is the clutch, after about half an hours driving it gets really heavy, fine cold and even when engines warm but about half an hour or more later is really heavy.

it was sqeaking a bit so i sprayed it with WD40 the other week, including the piston type thing that you can see.

can i grease it up with something or is this piston thing perhaps gone?

its mk3 mondeo 51reg 22k

new mondeo problems now - NeilT
Hi,
I have an 04' reg TDCi Estate (44,000 miles), and had the motorway jdder problem. Turned out to be an out of shape tyre. My dad had the same problem with both rears on his Galaxy funnily enough!!
As for the clutch, I find that every so often it fels stiff to push. I push again and its fine. I put is down to my foot being caught on the mat or something. I'm wondering how long the clutch will last actually, i've heard of early failues... and mine got the extra load of a chip (160bhp / 295 lb/ft). Worst thing is the stalling when the a/c is on. revs just die if you dont give it 2000+rpm when pulling away...... thats always been from new.

--
Neil T
Mondeo Ghia TDCi 130 Estate, SEAT Toledo 20VT Sport, Various Montegos...
new mondeo problems now - cheddar
My Ghia X TDCi 130 is on it's original clutch at 93k miles, re stalling, has never been a problem and is no diferent with aircon or climate on or off. Sometimes find the clutch pedal stiffer if the car has been sitting in the hot sun when the engine is also hot though is fine after one or two uses.

I have a clicking through the clutch pedal currently which is a bit annoying, I think I know where it is coming from though.

Re Andy30's probs, I would leave it with a dealer asking them to diagnose the problem, might cost couple hours labour though might save throwing good money after bad.
ok,

so the car veering to the left will be tracking then?

was the uneven tyre wear on the old tyres "making" it go straight!

any other views on the clutch? a grease to use?

i can't afford the dealer, to get rid of the seat vibration i'm tempted to get some alloys.
1/ Probably.

2/ Probably.

3/ Depends on the cause.

4/ Visit to dealer much cheaper than a set of alloys.

When did you buy the car? Take it back to supplying garage.
its not in any type of warranty
anyone help,

i'm after some non ford alloy wheels where i can use my existing tyres

205 55 16

all alloys i've found are 205 40 16

looked on max power on all the sites and can't find anything that specifies tyre sizes
new mondeo problems now - henry k
i'm after some non ford alloy wheels where i can use
my existing tyres 205 55 16
all alloys i've found are 205 40 16
looked on max power on all the sites and can't find
anything that specifies tyre sizes

>>
205 55 16 are the standard tyres fitted to my 98 Mondeo Ghia.

These wheels are often for sale as lots of individuals want to "upgrade" to 205 40 16

www.fordmondeo.org/ might help
well would you believe it.

trying to get to the bottom of all my problems so when to get tracking done this morning.

guy said its the 2 different tyres i've got on the front that is doing it as they are different brands and have different rolling resistence.

tracking was out so i got it done.

now my steering wheel is bent to drive straight!

and i saw him put the weight thing on the steering wheel
new mondeo problems now - Blue {P}
Just 'cos he put the weight on still doesn't mean that he's done it right, as I found out after 3 repeat trips to ATS when I got my FIesta done.

Ended up going to Rpaidfit to get it done properly.

Good luck getting it sorted though!

Blue
new mondeo problems now - Dynamic Dave
now my steering wheel is bent to drive straight!

Go back and complain.
shock horror

it was ATS!!

seemed knowledgable about the tyre resistence which does appear to be true.
new mondeo problems now - risrael
Hi Cheddar,
You mentioned the clicking problem of the clutch.
Do you know where it is coming from because I have the same thing here.
Best regards,
Randy
new mondeo problems now - oilrag
"now my steering wheel is bent to drive straight!"

Thats what happens when only one tie rod is "adjusted"
Hi Cheddar,
You mentioned the clicking problem of the clutch.
Do you know where it is coming from because I have
the same thing here.

It was where the master cylinder connects to the pedal, it took a new master cylinder to fix it, only just over a £100 fitted by the Ford dealer.
new mondeo problems now - risrael
Hey thanks,
With my clutch it only appears after driving for a while. In the beginning there is no problem.
Was this the same case with you? The clicking occurs when actually releasing the pedal just before it reaches its top position.
Best regards,
Randy