omega 2.5V6 keeps cutting out - mrjinx007
We have a 1996 omega v6 which is a great car, but recently the engine management light keeps coming on and off for a few seconds and then the car stops.We wait a few moments and it will start again and might be ok again for quite a while (days/ weeks)does anybody know of this type of problem before I take it to the garage for a massive repair bill.......thanks for any help offered.
omega 2.5V6 keeps cutting out - smokie
I had an extremely similar problem with a Omega 3.0 which was correctly diagnosed here as a camshaft sensor. I was in Germany when it went and was charged abut ?160 which is about £100. It probably isn't a hard job if you are handy and have time.

Watch for this thread moving to Technical...
omega 2.5V6 keeps cutting out - lost???
This is a well known problem with all the vauxhall ecotec engines ranging from the 1.6 4 cyl up to and including the 2.5 v6's. It is all linked to the iac valve with is connected to the throttle body. Visit www.vectra-sport.com and go to the how 2 section for a detailed explanation on how to cure this. It occures because the iac valve and all the breather hoses basciclly become clogged up with oil and gunk with means the car cuts out intermitttently and causes the idle to fluctulate. It is quite easy to do and only costs £4 (the cost of a bottle of STP carb cleaner) this procedure should be carried out bi annually but vauxhall "forget" to mention it to their customers........try it before you spend out on any expensive parts