Transit van economy/specs. - oldbanger
I'm contemplating the purchase of a Transit van of some sort, second-hand. Where can I find specifications, including fuel consumption? A "Google" hasn't helped much.
Transit van economy/specs. - DavidHM
There are so many different variations (axle ratios, weights etc.) that it's extremely variable.

My experience of Transits on long-ish runs has been about 32 mpg from a 90 bhp 350 LWB, high roof, and 36 from an 85 bhp 280 SWB, in each case one way empty and the other with probably 400kg of stuff on board. I also got 38 mpg from a high roof, lwb Renault Trafic if that helps.
Transit van economy/specs. - Vansboy
www.whatvan.co.uk

Or visit the makers own sites, they'll have plenty detailed info.

But as there are sooooooooooo many variants, you'll never come up with the one you REALLY want!!

VB
Transit van economy/specs. - cheddar
IIRC the 125's are much more punchy and no less economical.
Transit van economy/specs. - oldbanger
Thanks for the replies. I have realised that the thread title
is not too well worded, so please may we continue in "Which van to buy?"?
Transit van economy/specs. - Stuartli
The Peugeot Boxer (similar size to a Transit) is equally as good and has the advantage that a dash mounted gear change enables you to walk through to the rear without getting out.

Before it was introduced into the UK in the early 1990s I was transported in one equipped as an MPV in Egypt and was so impressed I recommended the range to our transport manager.

The Boxer acquired for a trial period proved such a big hit, particularly with the drivers, who delivered newspapers not only in the local area but to many parts of the UK, that virtually the whole fleet was replaced with the model.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by