No PX how much discount - JohnG66
Car I have seen in a local garage (not a big dealership) is up for 3495. I've no PX what can I expect off the screen price ?, I know it depends on what profits in the car, but for anyone in the 'know' what would be the average 'ball park' reduction.

Cheers........
No PX how much discount - blue_haddock
I would imagine at best your looking at about £500 off the screen price although the dealer may well try to tempt you with things like a free service or a 12 month warranty that cost him little but would cost you a fair bit.
No PX how much discount - DavidHM
It's a bit of a how long is a piece of string...

Dealers seem to love saying that cars are at the advertised price for no p/x, p/x at screen price (typically £300 more), etc., which is just a way of offering you £300 less for your p/x than they say they are.

How much off? It depends on what the car is (120k white Fiat Brava 1.2? 50k silver Polo 1.4 TDi?) how long he's had it (three months? only came in yesterday?), how much he's paid for it (£2k? £3,200?) and how busy a month he's been having.

Additionally, if he's making money on finance, warranty and maybe even your imaginary p/x, he might be more flexible on the price on the invoice than if he only has one profit source in the deal.

I would say that you shouldn't focus on the amount of discount but rather how good a car it is and whether it is worth the money, whether you end up getting nothing or (improbably) £1,500 off, although that's not a reason to avoid haggling.