306 drivers seat - warmdust
Is it possible to swap the drivers seat in my 306 td pug for the vertually unused front passenger seat,any technical probs?
306 drivers seat - BB
Is seatbelt attached to seat? If not, shouldn't be too many problems as long as the seat slides locks in place. Seat release and rake adjustment will be on wrong side though (If its a 3 door)
306 drivers seat - warmdust
Thanks for your reply BB ,its a 5 door model and i think its well known on the 306 that the drivers seat becomes a bit rickaty after a while .not bothered if the rake wheel is on the wrong side ,will they really just swap over and fit in the runners the same ? if so i might have a go this weekend.
306 drivers seat - David Horn
Potential problem if the seat has a side airbag fitted to it.
306 drivers seat - madf
Before you start dismantling, check that the seats are mounted centrally on the runners. i.e. on side does not project out more than the other.
I suggest you measure from runner to edge of seat on both sides. If the disatnces are the same on both sides, ok, if not the longer side may foul on the door or the handbarke when swaooed over.

madf

306 drivers seat - BB
Good points made above, the seat may be off centre on its slide as madf points out. However, it does not take long to whip the seats out and try. I don't think 306 came with seat airbag (307 does)

Basically, as long as the seat fits on the slides, locks and does not interfere, your laughing. I have worked in automotive seating for several years and the main job we try and do is commonise parts. i.e. we use the same slide base construction (one set of tooling, drawings etc etc) to save money.
306 drivers seat - Adam {P}
I'm going to try and sound clever now but it'll backfire drastically.

Won't the seatbelt pre-tensioner cables or SRS cables or whatever they are under the seat be different if it doesn't have a passenger airbag?
--
Adam
306 drivers seat - BB
Its a good point Adam, but I think that the 306 didn't have any pre-tensioners etc. I think that they are a bog standard seat in the 306.

306 drivers seat - Adam {P}
It's nice of you to ease the pain BB but I was wrong wasn't I?

;-)
--
Adam
306 drivers seat - ChrisMo
Check the bolts holding the seat to its runners aren't loose, one fell out on our 306. And yes, the 306 can have side airbags and seatbelt tensioners, ours has them, there are a lot of wires running to the seats and a warning in the haynes manual not to remove seat if fitted with these.