How much might this cost? - dieselicious
My wife's 1999 Citroen Xsara 1.8 decided to deposit the contents of the cooling system through the heater matrix and into the passenger compartment. There's no over heating damage to the engine which is good, but i'm guessing the heater matrix and aircon might be in need of repair/replacement.

Any ideas how much a job like this might cost / what's involved?

Thanks in advance

A very worried and soon to be poor dieselicious

How much might this cost? - Xileno {P}
Heater matrix normally means dashboard needs to be removed. I don't think the aircon will be affected but it's some time since I had a Citroen so am not sure.
How much might this cost? - keo-the-dog
on the citroen zx it was a 14 hour job, dash out and lots of blood from knuckles etc... cheers...keo.
How much might this cost? - J Bonington Jagworth
It could just be a burst or detached hose, surely? Still a swine to get at, no doubt, but a lot less work. Fingers crossed...
Heater matrix gone, so new matrix at £55, labour at £270 and the aircon needs disconnecting to get to the job, so a re-gas as well.

Looking at 500 notes including gordon brown's slice.

just off to sell my body to cover the cost..........
How much might this cost? - J Bonington Jagworth
Ow! Sorry to hear that.

I've long thought that car designers should personally have to dismantle and reassemble their prototypes just to ram home the notion that someone, somewhere will have to get at every component eventually.

I might add that the only car I've ever had that really did appear to be designed that way was a Wartburg...
it's the pre-facelift model, so at least i can change the headlight bulbs without having to remove the front bumper!!!!

my 1967 vw beetle was also built for easy maintenance (just as well really!)
How much might this cost? - keo-the-dog
my 1967 vw beetle was also built for easy maintenance (just
as well really!)

you ever done a clutch cable on it you want nine inch fingers to hook the end on. although i will agree with mostly easy maintenance.
KEO. Drink Well Be Happy.
How much might this cost? - David Horn
it's the pre-facelift model, so at least i can change the
headlight bulbs without having to remove the front bumper!!!!
my 1967 vw beetle was also built for easy maintenance (just
as well really!)

Hmm... it might just be me, but wherever there's a fragile bit of plastic on my car I seem to have snapped it off while working around it. Both plastic bulb covers on my Xsara are held on with cable ties!