Citroen Xantia Activa suspension - heraultcatman
I have continuing problems with the suspension in my P-reg Activa. It has been back to the workshop (local main agency) several times, all the spheres have been replaced and the system thoroughly flushed through, but the ride is still very hard, the car is sometimes lopsided, and sometimes is very sluggish in getting its back end up. The garage says it has tried all it knows, and can't trace the source of the problem. I want to use the car for a lengthy holiday trip quite soon, so suggestions as to what else to explore would be very welcome!
Citroen Xantia Activa suspension - madf
Ask at Andyspares Citroen forum.. lots of experts there.
Sound like: faulty spheres and possible ram problems..

www.andyspares.com/discussionforum/forum.asp?FORUM...3

madf

Citroen Xantia Activa suspension - Quinny100
Sounds like a weak hydraulic pump if all the spheres have been changed and you've had the system hydraflushed.
Citroen Xantia Activa suspension - Reggie
RichardW should be along soon. Or you could also visit the Citroen section of Andyspares.com/discussionforum.

I hope that I'm allowed to say that on here.

Reggie
Citroen Xantia Activa suspension - RichardW
Activas are a law unto themselves - even when they are working! I would defo recommend a thread on Andyspares - there's a lad there who is quite into the system and might be able to help (certainly the lopsided bit, which I think is a known issue). There are also a couple of guys working through problems with hydractive suspension not getting into soft mode that will be of relevance, since the hard/soft bit is (probably!) nothing to do with the Activa bit, but restricted to the hydractive part of the suspension.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....