Megane - which tyres? - Xileno {P}
Megane will shortly needs some new boots on the front. Current Continentals have been fine but I was wondering if there's another make which might make the ride a bit softer.

Or am I stuck with the ride unless I change the wheels? You couldn't say the ride was bad but there's an underlying firmness that's a bit surprising for a Renault. It's the sports alloys I think, previous Renaults have had normals alloys or steel rims.
Megane - which tyres? - BB
Is it the Megane 2? SWMBO had all 4 of her Continentals replaced after about 10,000 miles as they were completely worn.

We have now put Michelin Pilot Primacy on, but not for the reason of comfort! I take it you have the 17" on?

I didn't notice any difference between the Pilots and Continentals comfort wise though and I would take a stab at saying that you won't be able to get a typical Renault ride with the 17" on.

One thing you can look at is the air pressure of the tyre. Is it correct? Try dropping the tyre pressure by 1 or 2 psi to see if it improves.
Yep, it's Megane 2, 2004 model dCi with 17 inch sports alloys. I will try dropping the psi a bit, see if that helps. Shame, since the ride is a bit jarring at times. It's not Renault's fault, the roads around here are appalling. Otherwise great car.
Megane - which tyres? - cheddar
Is it fitted with 215 or 225/45's, if so you could probably go to 205/50's to improve the ride slightly, better check re wheel rim width though and, as a formality tell your insurers.
I've lowered each tyre by 2 psi, seems to make a difference.
Thanks