Vectra clutch slip - Cymrogwyllt
After (and only after) a long journey, and I mean 60 + enthusiastic miles, I can induce clutch slip on my CDTI 150 at 2000 rpm in fourth at will when I put my foot down. I doubt very much it's wheel spin :-)

Does anyone know if it's a known problem or am I simply making too much progress legally?

There is no point taking it to the local dealer as it only happens after a long run and it behaves impeccably locally. They are hardly likely to take it on a long test drive nor would I want it driven so by a fitter for such miles.

It is tempting to drive it 'till it breaks (If I try hard enough I'm sure I could do it in a few days) and then get them to fix it.

Thanks in advance
Vectra clutch slip - Dynamic Dave
It is tempting to drive it 'till it breaks

Trouble is, they'll probably class a worn out clutch as a wear and tear item.

I've not heard of any issues on any of the Vauxhall forums I browse. I'm assuming the clutch is hydraulic - as I presume it's only the engine that is a Fiat unit & will have the same gearbox as other Vectras? Maybe it just needs adjusting. Have you spoken to the dealer at all?

Why not take it for an enthusiastic drive, then pop in to the dealer on the off chance they'll take a look at it there and then while the fault is present.
Regretably, the dealer is of slightly less use thsn s chocolate fireguard
Vectra clutch slip - Number_Cruncher
If it is hydraulic, then the clutch is self adjusting.

One thing that can prevent the self adjustment working is if the clutch pedal doesn't come up far enough to unblock the port between the fluid reservoir and the clutch master cylinder.

Number_Cruncher

One thing that can prevent the self adjustment working is if
the clutch pedal doesn't come up far enough to unblock the
port between the fluid reservoir and the clutch master cylinder.

I've seen mention of a couple of peoples Vectra's needing a replacement clutch return spring on another forum.
Thanks all. I'll have a 'gentle word' with the dealer
In case I've mislead anybody, I just noticed that I missed the word 'pedal' out of clutch return spring.

ie, clutch pedal return spring.
Vectra clutch slip - nick
I think there's a mention of this in the CBCB if it's the new shape Vectra.
I think there's a mention of this in the CBCB

Yep.

"Seems to be a problem with clutch pedal return springs (which can contribute to a burned out clutch). Apparently requires breakaway pedal box to be replaced which is a 6 hour job."
Vectra clutch slip - prm
Dont need a new box now, its been revised, new spring on pedal half hour job, had mine done under warranty.
Sounds as if I should try the dealer anyway. Thanks