VW Shuttle 2.5TDI version identification - SjB {P}
Knowingly placed in Discussion, not Technical.

I've hired a VW Shuttle 2.5TDI eight seater for the weekend, but know there are two variants of motor with the 2.5TDI monicker: 130PS with 340Nm and 174PS with 400Nm.

I don't pick the vehicle up until tomorrow morning so don't yet have any driving impressions, but I wondered if there's any way to tell which version I have hired? I guess even the lower powered model is hardly going to be gutless with 340Nm torque but having never driven one before I have nothing to compare with.

I guess however that the differences may be software alone (like is the case with Volvo's current generation 2.4D and D5 motors fitted to P2 platform - S60/V70/S80 - cars in different markets) but ask the question in case not.
VW Shuttle 2.5TDI version identification - SjB {P}
Thanks, HJ. Most useful; I'd forgotten about that test. I guess if I find the Shuttle "worryingly quick", then I've got the full fat version, but expect that as a rental it is more likely to be semi skinned!

I just hope that being 'commercial spec' the Shuttle will still be reasonably comfy for what will be two days with eight occupants and another two with seven.

Will report back what I find.
VW Shuttle 2.5TDI version identification - DavidHM
I had a 100 PS Vauxhall Movano CDTi and I couldn't believe how quick it was (Hugo will agree, he has the same vehicle in his Nissan Primastar) and I'm sure even a 130 PS engine in the Transporter will cruise all day long at 85 with bags of torque and acceleration in reserve.
VW Shuttle 2.5TDI version identification - bikemade3
I had a 100 PS Vauxhall Movano CDTi and I couldn't
believe how quick it was (Hugo will agree, he has the
same vehicle in his Nissan Primastar) and I'm sure even a
130 PS engine in the Transporter will cruise all day long
at 85 with bags of torque and acceleration in reserve.

I'll agree with the comments about the Movano CDTI, we hired 2 for a week to drive from Nuremberg tothe Austrian border.6 speed box and plenty of poke gave good autoban speeds, thats 7 up with kit.Shame it did not come with winter tyres( as asked) and we had to buy 2 sets of chains.