New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - citron
I have a new shape C5 Exclusive estate, fitted with citroen tow bar and electrics. I recently discoverd when towing for the first time that it does not have any warning system fitted as to whether or not the caravan indicators lamps are flashing( as required by law). The fitter at my dealer says that the indicator lamps on the car should flash rapidly if a caravan indicatorlamp is faulty but this does not happen. He also says that it is impossible to fit a warning buzzer intio the system. he further says that Citroen UK are aware of the problem andare working on a solution. I find that hard to Belive. Is he telling me porkies?? does anyone else out there have a new shape C5 with towbar and if so do you have a working warning device for the trailer lights?.
Cheers
Ron
New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - RichardW
I had a think about this over the weekend (whilst following a C5 with bar!). Presumably, despite the multiplex electrics of the car, the wiring to the socket will run in conventional seven core cable. In order to fit a warning buzzer, all you need to do is get a buzzer from a camping / caravan place. Find the wire in the boot, cut back the insulation, find the indicator wires (green and yellow IIRC) cut them, and then splice in the buzzer. Buzzer might need an earth, in which case splice that into the white wire in the seven core. Shouldn't take more than half an hour. Of course, if Citroen have done something clever with the multiplex and the socket, then all bets are off!

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - Peter D
Not that simple. This will buzz with or without the caravan being attached. The buzzer is supposed to tell you that the trailer indicatores are actually working. Hello do a module that does this but I can not remember the part number. Inside are two reed relays and about 20 turns of wire which the flasher line passes thru and causes the reed relay to close/open when current is passing. I'll look in the garage later. Regards Peter
New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - RichardW
No, it will only buzz when there is a load on the socket (eg the 'van!) - providing you buy a buzzer designed for the purpose, which is why I said get it from a Caravan / Camping shop. Don't know what is inside the 'buzzer', but they used to come in the electrics kits as separate items, with 4 (or 5 - I think they had a separate earth as well) wires sitcking out, and we wired them between the lamp clusters and the seven core - which is the same effect you would get by cutting the seven core.

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - citron
Thanks guys for your replies. I sent an email to Citron re this and yes the mechanic was telling the truth, well partly. They are working on a software upgrade to get the indicators to work as described but in the meantime they have fitted a temporary buzzer in the boot along side the control module. That is all I required all along !
Thanks for your help.
PS anyone anygood with installing HP all in one printers with Windows XP????!!!!!
Cheers
CitRON
New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - Adam {P}
citron,

Email me and I'll see what I can do re your printer problem.
--
Adam
New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - Dynamic Dave
PS anyone anygood with installing HP all in one printers with
Windows XP????!!!!!

::Points towards the computer related thread, over in discussion::
New Shape C5 indicator lamp problem - Adam {P}
I was going to suggest that but I thought "I'll save Dave the time of having to undoubtedly do something to it - like correct my mistakes"

;-0
--
Adam