buying a car in spain - allan doc
Could anyone please give me advice on buying a car in Spain. I have recently moved to Spain and want to purchase a car but don't know the rules and regulations. Any information would be great. Cheers
buying a car in spain - allan doc
Thanks for the info. I've hired a scooter today and the police took it off me. Dont know why but they kept pointing to the registration plate and gave me a slip to give to scooter rental shop. I done this and they gave me my deposit back and told me it was their fault, so after that experience it may be better to use public transport.
buying a car in spain - colinh
I´ve found buying new is fairly straightforward and the dealer has done all the paperwork. The only thing you have to supply is your "volante de empadronamiento" (the padron) which is the Spanish equivalent of being on the electoral roll - so it can be locally taxed.
As HJ noted above, secondhand is a lot more complicated and risky, and help of a local who is clued-up is recommended. The following reply to a reader´s letter in our local paper will give you some idea of what´s involved:

www.roundtownnews.com/articles.asp?ID=3011&fecha_p...5