2001 Audi A4 Dual Climate Air Con Module - Nathan
Hi All

This heat wave we've been having in Blighty is lovely. The trouble is it can get a bit hot, so it's nice to know that you can switch on your air conditioning and drive in comfort.

Well that's what I would have done if mine worked. My car has been seen by an independant a couple of times and they've tracked my problem down to the air conditioning module. This problem manifests itself by me being unable to swith my climate control out of 'Econ' mode - great for the environment - but not for me!

Audi quoted 518 + vat for the part so naturally I'm hoping to find one cheaper as my mechanic is quite happy for me to source the component and he'll fit it. I've registered with a few internet sites but no-one has come up trumps.

Given that I live in Surrey, can anyone suggest and good sources for a component such as this - either a breakers yard or something similar?
2001 Audi A4 Dual Climate Air Con Module - Aprilia
I have repaired a couple of these where some of the soldered joints on the PCB have cracked. Do you know anyone who is handy with a precision soldering iron? A simple reflow of some of the joints may be all that is required - worth a try?
I have repaired a couple of these where some of the
soldered joints on the PCB have cracked. Do you know
anyone who is handy with a precision soldering iron? A
simple reflow of some of the joints may be all that
is required - worth a try?

I don't but if I could find someone that was - that might work out quite a bit cheaper that replacing it!
2001 Audi A4 Dual Climate Air Con Module - Altea Ego
Get your mechanic to take it out, and find your local TV repair man. Take it to him. He has the tools and the experience to reflow the joints. It might work it might not but for 25 quid its worth a gamble.
2001 Audi A4 Dual Climate Air Con Module - Aprilia
Over the years I have found that most automotive electronic components are pretty reliable. When trouble occurs it is often down to failed joints, switchgear, connectors or wiring.
Cheers Guys... I will give that a go!!