Hot and cold - Altea Ego
Some rambling from RF

I was working early on Saturday morning, supervising one end of a computer room move. Well just as the last of my trucks was about to leave the loading bay I spot it has a flat rear tyre.

So while waiting two hours for a recovery van to arrive and tend to a truck containing 2 million squids worth of kit I spot a B&Q across the road and decide to wander over and get a pipe thermomoter to make sure the hot water was not too hot entering my new shower pump I had recently installed.

And here is the motoring bit.

The external temperature display (16c) is accurate to 1c as measured by the thermometer clipped to the mirror (where the probe is)
The cold air coming from the vents is 20c (4c higher than ambient)
The aircon can bring this 20c down to 2c
The heater can blast out 76c of heat (thats HOT)

Yes it was a boring two hours.
Hot and cold - BobbyG
Out of Curiosity, what setting did you have your climate control at to get the temp down to 2c? I am sure the lowest display my Scenic will go to is 15?
Hot and cold - Altea Ego
Climate control? whasat? Goona dont have it - Air con only.

2c was the temp of air from the centre vent.
Hot and cold - cheddar
Climate control? whasat? Goona dont have it - Air con only.

Some do.

My Mondeo has climate control though on balance I think I might, just, prefer normal aircon, the principal of climate is that it adjusts the interior of the car to the temp you set where as aircon controls the temp of the air entering the car, the later allows, for instance, gentle warm air on you feet on a coolish morning without the whole interior being brought up to the same temp.
Hot and cold - L'escargot
My Mondeo has climate control though on balance I think I
might, just, prefer normal aircon,

I totally prefer normal aircon, simply because it IS manually controlled. If I set my Focus aircon to Auto it gives out a max fan speed arctic blast until the temperature gets close to the set figure. Try and fight it manually and it goes all sulky and won't cooperate at all.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Hot and cold - Xileno {P}
Me too. When I was got my Megane I specifically wanted air con rather than climate. I like hot air to the feet and cold to the air vents.
Hot and cold - BazzaBear {P}
I generally agree that manual air-con allows you to make it do whatever you want, but regarding this:

Me too. When I was got my Megane I specifically wanted
air con rather than climate. I like hot air to the
feet and cold to the air vents.

Surely you're as able to do this with cc as with air-con?
My climate control system certainly allows split-level in this manner.