Useful easy tips - artful dodger {P}
Recently the rear windscreen wiper stopped working on my Fiat Marea Weekend. Once I had removed the motor it became apparent that the spindle was getting rusted up and causing friction that was too great for the motor to overcome. I tried using 3in1 oil and it did improve, but did not solve the problem. The answer was really simple, remove the wiper blade holder from the motor spindle. Then I drove arround for a couple of weeks with the rear wiper left on. Now the blade has been refitted, the wiper operates as if it was new!

Do you have any other really useful simple tips you can pass on.
Useful easy tips - Stuartli
Glad your cure worked, but I'd have used a product called EasyGrease (there's also a Slick equivalent aerosol) rather than 3-in-1, WD40 or similar as they are too thin to remain in situ.

EasyGrease or the more readily available Slick version provides the necessary lubrication, but is "dry" and therefore doesn't soil clothes etc. Both cost between £1.50 and £2 for a large aerosol.

I use it for car door and bootlid locks, handles and hinge mechanisms, throttle springs and similar moving parts, normally renewing the application every three months or so.

A similar procedure is used for all the locks and moving parts on my property's double-glazed doors and windows' locks and moving parts - again the further benefit is that clothes or hands are not soiled if accidentally caught.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by