Pressure Washers - again! - Martin Wall
Ok - I'm going to buy one but I don't want to spend more than £100 - any recommendations?
Re: Pressure Washers - again! - KB
Karcher - Spend a bit more and get the 520. Try to get it for around £150. Search Google and try Halfords when it's on "special", which it sometimes is. Best compromise between spec and price. Don't get anything less - cost you more in the long term.
Martin, Just started to look at Google for you - www.traderspost.co.uk Karcher K520M £199 reduced to £135. Suit you sir?
Re: Pressure Washers - again! - Keith
"www.traderspost.co.uk Karcher K520M £199 reduced to £135. Suit you sir?"

But isn't this for a secondhand model with only 3 months guarantee ? Not such a bargain, if so.
Re: Pressure Washers - again! - Tomo
Go for it - satisfied customer.
Keith, Couldn't find any mention of it being used on the webpage I looked at.
Let me know where it says it's not new. Don't want to give duff info if I can help it, but will stand corrected if I'm wrong. I await your info with interest.

Martin, You might want to copy the ad I refer to and show it to your local dealer/Halfords/whatever, to pricematch it - so many shops do these days. Yesterday I bought a mobile 'phone £20 off by showing an ad to Carphone Warehouse - no arguments and delivered to my door.
The following appears in small print at the bottom of the first 'Jet Wash Supplies' page :

" * The Karcher equipment we supply carries a 3 month warranty and may be 'Reworks', which are returned to Karcher unused, checked and reboxed."

I've no idea what 'reworks' means but, in view of the limited guarantee, it's probably best to treat them as s/h goods. Certainly, it wouldn't be reasonable to use them for price matching against normal new goods with a 12 month guarantee.

Keith
Looking further at the site, I notice that there is a 15GBP carriage charge. I also notice that they do not give their address and their phone no. is a mobile. Not a good sign.
Steam cleaner any good? - David Millar
On KB's link I notice a steam cleaner for £80. Obviously intended for use around the home but would such a lowly spec machine be useful around the engine bay? I don't have any current cars with fancy ECUs so would hope to avoid upsetting the electrics by indiscriminate use.

Incidentally, the front page on the site does state that the Karcher equipment has a 3 month warranty and is said to be unused returns.

Anyone got thoughts on steam cleaning?

David
Keith, 'It's a fair cop'. Yes I missed the detail that you spotted. Thanks for putting me right.

I paid £159 in May at Halfords, so if Martin prints the Ad out and includes the £15 carriage fee and uses it to pricematch, then & £150 I don't think thats being totally unreasonable.
Re: Pressure Washers - again! - Tony
Karcher,might be a little more expensive to start with,but our steamer always works,gets plenty of abuse,parts readily available,reminds me of an old Merc.
Re: Pressure Washers - again! - David Lacey
Our Karcher HDS-650 Steam cleaner croaked after 14 years of daily service.

Not bad, IMHO.

David
Martin, I don't know if you're still interested as you've not come back to this topic since your original enguiry, but Halfords are doing them on "special" - from £199 reduced to £159.

Be interested to know the outcome.

KB
Martin, I don't know if you're still interested as you've not come back to this topic since your original enguiry, but Halfords are doing them on "special" - from £199 reduced to £159.

Be interested to know the outcome.

KB
Oops!