Largest High Mileage Car? - Dave Andrews
Is there a record for a car with the highest mileage on? Also what is the highest mileage car you have ever seen for sale?
I once saw a Skoda Octavia TDI with 420k on the clock for sale. Probably an old taxi.
Largest High Mileage Car? - Cliff Pope
More likely quite a young taxi, I think.
Look at the Volvo Owners Club website. Cars with 400,000+ miles are commonplace. The highest in the UK is about 800,000, I think. The highest in the world is 2.3m for a P1800.
That's just Volvos.
Largest High Mileage Car? - TimW
I thought there was a Beetle that was the record holder?
Largest High Mileage Car? - Happy Blue!
Nope, definately a Volvo, driven in the USA and IIRC the guys recommendations for keeping a car for over 1,000,000 miles is in HJ FAQs.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Largest High Mileage Car? - Happy Blue!
Yep FAQ 35
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Largest High Mileage Car? - TimW
You're right!

It must have overtaken the Beetle, that was quite a few years ago I read that...
Largest High Mileage Car? - spikeyhead {p}
The Octavia is only medium sized.

Someone pass the coat
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Largest High Mileage Car? - puresilk

Whilst in marakech on holiday i jumped into a old yellow mercedes 280D taxi! and was shocked when I saw 650,000 on the clock!

Largest High Mileage Car? - getafix
A few month ago an add on a german website with a Citroen XM for sale with 850000km could be seen.
Pictures included a report of a car magazine about the car.
Largest High Mileage Car? - Dutchie

Great engines in the beetle ,I had three VW beetles all done well over 150000 miles all still running fine after I sold them.Did most of the servicing myself on the engines.Which was't difficult.

Largest High Mileage Car? - Trilogy

A Saab covered 1,000,000 with Full Saab Service history, with the same owner. As a result Saab gave the owner his choice of new car from the range free. I believe the guy went for a 9-5 estate and specced it very highly.

Largest High Mileage Car? - Collos25

Most German taxi companies do not change their Mercedes diesels till they have 1000,000km on the clock and then they are normally bought by small taxi firms and do another million.

Largest High Mileage Car? - piston power

The key to these huge mileages is a simple one frequent oil and filter changes with good quality oil.

And frequent does not mean every 20k, More like every 8k.

In Greece on the small island of Kos was a few mercedes C class with 700,000k on and ran nice and smooth.

Largest High Mileage Car? - Collos25

You are so right these extended service periods to keep the lease companies happy are a disaster for the following buyer.Every 10k km taxi oil changes and they are spotless inside and out always fined on the spot if there not and a weeks rest period for the driver and car.

Largest High Mileage Car? - TheOilBurner
Irv also has other cars. As in the Saab example above, in 1987 (when the P1800 hit it's first million miles) Volvo gave him a brand new 780 Coupe. He sold that on recently with a mere 470,000 miles on the clock, in perfect working order, of course:

tinyurl.com/7xhm5d

It'd be interesting to see how Irv would get on with a modern (post-Ford) Volvo...