Spaniards and their driving - midlifecrisis
Just come back from two weeks in (very) sunny Spain. All I can say is that the Spanish method of driving is barmy. It seems to consist of driving as close to the vehicle in front as possible until they get out of the way. The parking was hilarious. Any free space (pedestrian crossing, junction, island) is fair game to park the car. I saw a Fiat Punto parked across a main junction. The other drivers just went around it.
Nudge parking is obligatory and you must be touching the car in front before you leave the car. How they get out of spaces is beyond me.I watched a battered Seat park next to a new M-B SL 55. The driver duly smacked his door into the side of it. Immediately afterwards a mad moped rider pulled up alongside and just let the bike fall against it. Nobody pattered an eyelid.
Two out of three cars have dents and scratches. It was so mad, it was funny!
Spaniards and their driving - Pugugly {P}
Having a very close link with Southern Spain's interior, all I cn say its a lot more relaxed in the country....
Spaniards and their driving - barney100
We had a Spanish student a few years ago who read a story in the paper of some guy getting done for 140 mph on the motorway. In Spain, said he, we go out on our motorbikes and do more than that as fun because in Spain the police have to catch and physically stop you before any punishment is allowed. Its great fun he recounted. Also -don't know if this is true-if you have a person in your car needing emergency hospital treatment you simply wave a white handkerchief out of the window and yippee you belt through the traffic like on casualty and everyone gets out of your way. Abuse of this privilege incurs great wrath on behalf of the authorities and is widely respected.
Spaniards and their driving - Badger
Am I right in believing that CD/DVD sat navs are banned in Spain and that Brits have to disable them? Something to do with the Spanish liking for TV on the screen.
Spaniards and their driving - Rishab C
Dunno, but you can get the spanish map CDs/DVDs, so people must use them!
Spaniards and their driving - Altea Ego
Indeed, an electronic womans voice screams at you "Right --Right i told to you turn right you son of a donkeys tail" and an electronic arm flies out and makes an obscene gesture.
Spaniards and their driving - Ex-Moderator
I just kicked out some rubbish. It may well have taken some worthwhile stuff with it.

Do try and avoid the racist stuff, it says more about you than your targets. The particular offendor[s] will be dealt with.