breif RAC report about my volvo - khizman
just had the RAC call me and tell me about my volvo quite a long list here

Essential things
1) Front headlight blown - gonna be sorted by dealer
2) Rear pads and disks almost gone - gonna be repaired by dealer
3) Rear tyres need replacing - replaced by dealer

Non essential
4) stone chips on windscreen - gonna be repaired
5) All doors seals slightly damaged or insecure - gonna be repaired but not replaced anyone know how much replacements cost?
6) oil level low.
7) front signal light not working - sorted by dealer
8) center core fixing insecure - gonna be fixed b dealer
9) minor scratches on doors from seatbelts
10) front disks nearly gone (10k miles left)
11) slight steering vibration (why?) both front wheels gonna be replaced
12) rear off side tyre needs replacing (why not the other side too?)
13) a/c not cool enough - needs a regas - gonna be fixed

:/
what would cause the right wheel to wear down more than the left?
breif RAC report about my volvo - BazzaBear {P}
More to the point, looking at 3 and 12, why does one of your tyres need replacing twice?
I'd say the answer to the question you asked though is something to do with tracking. Doesn't usually effect the rears as much as the fronts though, I thought.
Have just replaced all 4 tyres on my car, and the inside edge of the N/S/F was in a right state. If I'd realised how bad I'd have replaced it a while ago. O/S/F was no where near as bad - had the tracking checked and it did indeed need adjustment.
Also, steering vibration could be down to many things besides bad tyres (although don't complain if the dealers going to replace them for you - is this an RAC report for a car you're buying?)
Tyres not correctly balanced, tracking again, bolts not correctly cross-tightened, suspension issues, could be loads of things.
good point i just scribbled down what he said as i was on the phone i expect a full report tomorrow or day
yes its for a car i am buying and its not a main dealer its a small one off
I have to say, the dealer sounds like a good sort - that's quite a long list of things he's happy to sort out for you.
The low oil might worry me for a moment, but I would have thought that - if he thought it was a symptom (or possible cause) of a larger problem - the RAC inspector would have mentioned it. I'd just keep an eye on the oil level for the first few months of ownership.
well its due for service so that may be the reason if i am not mistaken?
he mentioned it as a minor item.
breif RAC report about my volvo - SlidingPillar
The other thing is how low is low for the oil level?

The book for the landrover says do add any oil until the level is lower than halfway between Max and Min on the dipstick. Sound advice.

On the other hand, I've seen cars running with the oil so low the level was not even on the dipstick!
i doubt its worryingly low as its due for service and its got a fsh
also the rac would have defined it as a major issue
is it a worryingly large amount of items or are they expected wear and tear items?
breif RAC report about my volvo - Altea Ego
Its stuff i would expect at about a 36,000 mile mark
its done 60
and its an auto does that change stuff?
breif RAC report about my volvo - Ivor E Tower
Was this a follow-up to an earlier thread that I missed? Personally I'd say that the car was either neglected by previous owner(s) or else involved in an accident and not quite properly repaired. Have you bought it yet? Which Volvo model is it? Personally I'd give it a miss.
breif RAC report about my volvo - Altea Ego
U what? neglected? on a 60k mile car? For a 60k car if this is the worse the RAC can find its a good one.
i am pretty sure it aint been neglected as its has a full volvo s/h and its an ex lease car so its prob been a company car or been maintained by the leasing company,
atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/dealerservices_photo...6
this is the car i am payin 10k
the rac dude told me it was a good deal with all the expected bits worn out.
breif RAC report about my volvo - Adam {P}
That car looks awfully familiar.
--
Adam
i posted about it a while ago
breif RAC report about my volvo - Adam {P}
Awwww - I wanted a BR showdown over the same car!
--
Adam
breif RAC report about my volvo - rtj70
Once bought a car from a small outfit. Spotted rear tyres needed replacing and they said they'd sort it. On collection all looked fine but... it turns out they replaced wheel/tyre with wrong size! Didn't notice straight away.

I'm sure I went to the wrong place to buy my second ever car (some time ago) but I'd check they've done all they say they will and get it in writing.

Rob
of course!
i am considering sending the RAC again to inspect it after he says he has done it which i doubt.
is there a site which tells you about wheel sizes for models?
breif RAC report about my volvo - barney100
What sort of Volvo and the year? If the dealers going to sort all those niggles out it cant't be bad but if you are buying why not choose one that has no low oil level. I've had a few Volvos and never had a problem with the oil level.