Ford Fiesta Steering Lock - loopyjen
The steering lock on my M reg 1995 Fiesta Sapphire got stuck on today. Its been playing up for a while and has been awkward to get off but it has never stuck before now. I tried all my keys but to no avail.

Does anyone know what this problem is and how I can sort it out?

I'm hoping to get my mechanic to look at it tomorrow, but any advice from any of you would be greatly recieved.

Thanks
Ford Fiesta Steering Lock - volvos60T5SE
Had a very similar problem with my ford sierra - my god, that was ages ago. If you want to drive the car - take the circular cover off the steering wheel and remove the steering wheel - an absolute doddle on old fords. and,if my memory serves me correctly, there should, maybe, a large blue nut, that is the steering lock. hope this has helped.
circular cover? where will I find this bearing in mind my steering wheel has an airbag in it too?
Ford Fiesta Steering Lock - Drivethru
Just wondered if you got the problem sorted. The same thing happened with my '95 Fiesta. The ignition barrel had collapsed so I had to get a new one made up to match the keys which were coded.
Ford Fiesta Steering Lock - volvos60T5SE
sorry, my sierra didnt have an airbag. you would probably need the remove the airbag- risky!
Ford Fiesta Steering Lock - Claude
Dont go anywhere near the airbag unless you REALLY know what you are doing.
The problem is now sorted thanks to my friendly mechanic. The tumblers in the ignition barrel were worn so it wasn't releasing the steering lock. Only cost £35 so I'm impressed with that. It works fine now.... I'm thinking I should have got it looked at earlier as its been awkward since I bought the car. How was I to know though.

Thanks everyone