Drop in fuel price - legacylad
Filled up with Shell diesel today and noticed a drop ( from Tuesday) of 3p per litre...down to 85.9 from 88.9. Has the barrel price of oil dropped or are market forces at work? Long may it continue..
Drop in fuel price - Avant
Crude went up again to over $50 in the US according to the news last night - don't hold your breath.
Drop in fuel price - BobbyG
Two separate comments to make on this.

Re the prices, I heard from a very reliable source that the petrol companies were all holding onto the higher prices as long as they could to recoup the profits they had lost earlier in the year. Yes the barrel prices have been cheaper recently but the prices are fluctuating so much on a daily basis that the companies have just decided to hold on to their higher prices to smooth it out!
However, I believe Sainsburys dropped the prices in some sites down South which started the widespread drop in prices.

On a second note, I have also just filled up and, being the sad anorak I am, I updated my spreadsheet for the fuel economy. When I got the Saxo in April 2001, diesel was 77.9 per litre. Four years later, it is 85.9. Now, ignoring all the taxation arguments, is 2p a litre rise per year that bad? I bet even bottles of water in the supermarkets will have had a bigger increase in that time?
Drop in fuel price - Altea Ego
For the last 4 years the inflation rate has averaged 1.5%

Should make your fuel about 82.7p?

Of course if you take the RPI thats about 2.5% I think.

Local Tesco Tuesday 84.9

Drop in fuel price - Rishab C
78.9 at Shell Marmion in Nottingham, has been for weeks, before that it was 80.9.
Diesel is 82.9 and Optimax is 84.9

I have no idea why, they were up to 9 to 11p less than everyone else. At first I thought they must need to get rid of it quickly due to a leak or something, but it has been weeks. Now others have reduced the gap to about 5p.
Drop in fuel price - Armitage Shanks {p}
Diesel 93.9 on Tuesday at Q8 on A1 southbound near Alconbury. No queues there I can tell you!
Drop in fuel price - Chad.R
Local (Watford) Tesco's unleaded is now 79.9, so that would make diesel about 82p - not sure exact price of derv as I never bother to check.

Add to that the "5p off a litre when you spend £50" promotion that Tesco have been having recently and it works out much cheaper than branded fuel

....Oh, and let's not have a(nother) "supermarket Vs branded fuel" debate, it been done to death on here already....
The Shell Marmion at 78.9 is quite small, and has a rubbish small shop, So it's weird that the price is so low, it can't be to get you in the shop as it doesn't sell much. It shows how much the others must be making in margins.
Drop in fuel price - Shaz {p}
The Shell Marmion at 78.9 is quite small, and has a
rubbish small shop, So it's weird that the price is so
low, it can't be to get you in the shop as
it doesn't sell much. It shows how much the others must
be making in margins.

Where in Nottingham? I'll pay a visit if not too far.
Hello, it is on Carlton Road near the junction with Porchester Road, only 1/2 mile from city centre.
Drop in fuel price - JH
and the dollar has strengthened against the £ (and everything else for that matter) so the $ per barrel could stand still and the price will still go up.

John
Drop in fuel price - ihpj
Got to be temporary. Although within the city limits of Milton Keynes there doesn't appear to have been any change. Its all about 85.9p for unleaded. Although there is a Sheel station in Watford (jsut before the M25 roundabout) which does the best fuel and till last week they were down to 79.9p. Going to london this week - hopfully it'll still be there/thereabouts :)

-----
Im not plain stupid, just a special kind of stoopid.
Drop in fuel price - Hawesy1982
Watford's fuel prices have always been at least 3p cheaper than almost anywhere else in the country, in all compass directions.

Is there a refinery nearby or something, reducing fuel transportation costs?
Drop in fuel price - petesbabes
78.9 a litre for u/l and 82.9 for diesel in huddersfield and brighouse west yorks at most garages.
Drop in fuel price - Doc
Greenwich Sainsburys 80.9 u/l

Drop in fuel price - Graemetdci
Here in Newtownabbey just outside Belfast, u/l is 84.9 - 86.9 while diesel is 88.9 - 90.9ppl. Cheapest I know of is the Sainsbury's at Sprucefield, Lisburn where diesel is 85.9 and u/l is 83.9ppl.
Drop in fuel price - P.Mason {P}
I topped up with unleaded at the local(Petersfield)Esso station this morning - 81.9p. The local Jet and Shell are selling at 85.9.

P
Drop in fuel price - Roly93
Watford's fuel prices have always been at least 3p cheaper than
almost anywhere else in the country, in all compass directions.
Is there a refinery nearby or something, reducing fuel transportation costs?

I'm from South Pembrokeshire, with all of Milford Havens oil refineries on the doorstep, and this never got us cheap fuel !!

Fuel has always been more expensive than most other parts of the country outside of London and the extreme Scottish Highlands. So this logic doesn't really work.