Tyre pressure conversion table sought - Roger Jones
Anyone know of an online source of a table to convert BAR to PSI and vice versa?
Re: Tyre pressure conversion table sought - richard price
try search engine ask.co.uk and type in "convert bar to psi" and it will come up with a few sites.
Re: Tyre pressure conversion table sought - John Slaughter
1 bar = 14.5 lb/square inch

Regards

John
Re: Tyre pressure conversion table sought - trevor
still a lot of people who see 2.0 bar in their manuals and pumptheir tyres to 20 p.s.i. religiously !!
Re: Tyre pressure conversion table sought - Andrew Tarr
As John Slaughter says, 1 bar (=1 atmosphere pressure) = 14.5 psi, and as many cars use tyre pressures between 27 and 31 psi , this equals 1.9 to 2.1 bar. Anyway, most cars quote both values, either in the handbook or on the driver's door or somewhere else. Is there a particular problem?
Re: Tyre pressure conversion table sought - Roger Jones
Many thanks for the information. The problem was that my newly acquired mini-compressor, which works off the car's ciggy lighter measures in psi but the VW handbook and petrol cap sticker express pressures only in bar. And it surprised me that this was missing from the otherwise comprehensive unit conversion utility on my computer (part of the value-packed Oxord Reference Shelf, with its 16 dictionaries and other works of reference).
Re: Tyre pressure conversion table sought - Andrew Bairsto
The accuracy of your 12volt compressor will be so inaccurate the any conversion will be irelavent.
Just abour every tyre center I have seen displays pressure in both bar and psi
Re: Tyre pressure conversion table sought - richard turpin
Trevor, I pumped my rear MPV tyres to 4 bar because the handbook said 40 psi fully loaded and I was a clot. (I hate people who throw fag ends onto the road because it makes it so bumpy!)