SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - TimW
Those who are good with SEAT's will know that the 1.6 SE was only made in 2000 - 2001. Is there an alternative model after this that comes with all the toys etc? (Yes it's superficial I know but I'll probably be keeping it for 3+ years).

How come they only made the S afterwards, and then recently the SX (Which I can't afford)

Is there another moel in between that I'm somehow missing, o if I were to buy say a 2002 1.6 I'd have to make do with the S specification?

Sigh...I'd happily have a Skoda if I like the look of them.
SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - Jase
You can get the 110BHP diesel in SE spec at that age. That would probably suit if you want the extra toys over the S spec.

But other than that you've got to settle for the 1.4S model, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'd go for the 110 diesel and get the extra toys like 6-cd, climate control and alloys.

SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - Jase
..Or you could buy a Cupra! Pre-facelift ones are pretty cheap now.
SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - TimW
Good ideas, thanks!

Only problem is the insurance on the 1.6SE will be about a grand! Also I don't know if I could afford the Cupra running costs.

Wouldn't the 1.4 be a bit underpowered for a large car?
SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - apm
Cupra running costs are pretty low (my last service was £80, and it does average 30mpg). Problem will be insurance- group 15 for a cupra! Great car, though.

Alex.
--
Dr Alex Mears
Seat Leon Cupra
If you are in a hole stop digging...unless
you are a miner.
SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - Leon on Derv
Read an article last week that there are huge savings to be had on the leon range - did not specify the cupras, but everything else seems to have had quite abit trimmed off the list price, upto £1700 on the TDi. Guess its to make way for the new model. Cant wait, will give it about 18 months then have a nice diesel to replace the current chariot. Providing that it will go on Biodiesel.

Leon
SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - TimW
From Parkers:

" SEAT is due to begin its run-out on the current Leon hatchback before a new model arrives later this year. We have already found pre-registered 54-plate 1.6 S models being offered for just over £9200, with some dealers able to offer 05-plate SX models for £9995 (minus OTR charges) ? a significant saving of more than £2000 off list price. SX cars include a CD player, remote central locking, climate control and sports seats "

Can anyone offer any wisdom on this? I did an insurance quote and somehow it was still the same as for a 2001 1.6 worth £4500...

Would it be a worthwhile buy? What sort of price could I haggle the dealer down to? (Never even considered buying a new car before)
SEAT Leon 1.6 SE - TimW
Bump - Not an exciting post I know, but I know there are people with all sorts of car buying experience in the Backroom so any advice would be welcome (Even on aspects like will the insurance suddenly sky rocket for any reason? - Admiral/Elephant going bust notwithstanding!)