Hyundai pony radio wiring - mat brown
Chaps

I'm trying to fit a radio taken out of my old Hyundai pony to a Rover 216. I have the wiring diagram for the Rover, but i don't know how to connect it to the Hyundai radio.
I have the harness on the back of the hyundai, does anyone know what colour of wire relate to what. I.e. which are the speakers, the power, the earth etc. I have tried guessing but keep blowing fuses!

Thanks

Matthew
Hyundai pony radio wiring - Altea Ego
>I have tried guessing but keep blowing fuses!

I suspect it might be toast by now!
Hyundai pony radio wiring - mat brown
Well, i haven't blown the radio up!
I managed to get power to it yesterday.
There are two power sources from the car - a green/yellow wire from the ignition, and a purple wire from the interior lighting circuit. If i connect either of these to the radio then the radio has power - however the funny thing is that the power seems to be intermittant, it appears almost to be unrectified flow from an AC source. The lighting circuits in a car wouldn't be AC would they? I thought the power from the battery would be DC.
Any ideas why i'm getting this intermittant power supply?

Cheers
Hyundai pony radio wiring - Pete M
There are generally two power feeds to radios. One is the main power and this is for the radio itself. The other is a very low current supply that is to maintain the station memory in the radio. The memory supply is probably unable to supply the correct amount of current for the radio itself, so the radio drags the voltage down until it stops working and takes the load off the memory supply. Memory supply voltage recovers, and the cycle starts again.
I fitted a radio in similar circumstances and it operated OK, but when I switched the car off I lost all my memory settings. What I had done was swap over the memory supply and the main supply. I suspect you may have done the same.
Note that some radios also have an auxiliary voltage output that is only live when the function is 'radio' as opposed to 'tape' or 'cd'. This is to power the antenna amplifier present on some cars (mine included), and without this, the radio performance is dismal.