Fiesta 1.25 16V - Idle speed - Fiesta Fanatic
Hi

I recently did a lot of miles on the motorway (Brum to Gatwick) and found that when I drove on the smaller roads around town the idle speed of the engine tends to "stick" before settling back down (when changing gear). I have also noticed that since then a). my fuel economy isnt the greatest and b). my *actual* idle speed, at rest, is a lot higher... nearer 1250 (c.f. around 8-900 previously).

When I owned a slightly older Fiesta the problem I had a similar problem that was much more apparent, especially when coming to a standstil... the revs would race super high and I would have to lower then my bringing the clutch to the bite point. On that occasion I had to buy a new idle speed control valve and that cleared the problem up.

Now... is it likely that although my current problem isnt anywhere as severe, it may be related to the same valve?

I remember reading somewhere how to disconnect the ecu for a period of time - apparently this can "re-set" the management system that may fix the problem. Is this likely to help and, if so, could someone tell me where it is located?!

Thans in advance guys.

Fiesta 1.25 16V - Idle speed - Dynamic Dave

Some previous suggestions here, including which fuse to pull to reset the ecu.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=23...2
Fiesta 1.25 16V - Idle speed - Fiesta Fanatic
Aha cheers DD - I have done the old 3A trick and so far so good...

Cheers.