Dent repair - machika
To cut a long story short, I had just dropped off my wife and friend at Manchester airport today and, as I was unloading the luggage, she brought a trolley over and left it without putting the brake on - result, trolley runs into side of beloved Xantia. This car has only picked up two minor dents in 11 years and now it has an extra five. They are at or just above the crease line on the rear wing, so they are very noticeable and very unsightly, although the biggest is only about an inch across, and the other four are very small, shallow depressions.

The car is worth next to nothing but I was wondering about trying to get the dents removed without breaking the bank. Can anyone recommend anywhere? I live in Derbyshire.
Dent repair - volvoman
Hope you don't mind me tagging my problem onto your thread Machika, but thanks to a moron with an airgun I now have a perfectly formed round dent in the side door of my MPV about 4" below the door handle. The actual dent is pea sized and about 5mm deep but there is also a very slight circular deformation of the metal about 2" in diameter surrounding it. Strangely, the paint appears undamaged. It's annoying more than anything but is this sort of damage practical to repair? Anyone got any ideas/recommendations? I live in Bromley.

Many thanks.
Dent repair - steveo3002
check the yellow pages for "paintless dent removal" or ask around decent car dealers

BEWARE though some are not very good , but if you can do a little research and find a good one they are VERY good at it, you should find the dents will be totaly or close to removed completely

like i said ask around local dealers..its no good asking on here cus they are all franchises so you can get a good man in one town and an idiot in the next town

costs....£20-50 per panel usually theyl discount furhter panels or do a deal

good luck
Dent repair - WhiteTruckMan
This has given me food for thought. I put a large buttock shaped depression in the door of my cherokee a while back (hands full with things, and door needed closing). only noticeable at certain angles, but annoying all the same.

WTM
Dent repair - machika
Thank you for your replies.
Dent repair - volvoman
WVM - I was under the impression that shallow dents like that could be sprung back using a suction cup or similar. S'pose you could try it yourself with little/no risk.

The trouble is that there are loads of paint/dent people in the local phone book and it's impossible to say who's any good.
Dent repair - Blue {P}
Volvoman, you just described the exact dent that my Fiesta had in the C Pillar. Dent Master was able to remove this, there was just a *tiny* ripple right where the centrte of the dent had been that he was unable to remove as the metal was stretched, but it was barely noticeable even if you were looking for it, and no one else would ever have spotted it.

Blue
Dent repair - volvoman
Encouraging, thanks for that Blue - I don't really want a paint job as I think that on a metallic this is likely to stand out as much as if not more than the dent.
Dent repair - machika
Volvoman, you just described the exact dent that my Fiesta had
in the C Pillar. Dent Master was able to remove this,
there was just a *tiny* ripple right where the centrte of
the dent had been that he was unable to remove as
the metal was stretched, but it was barely noticeable even if
you were looking for it, and no one else would ever
have spotted it.
Blue

I have been looking for contact details for Dent Master. Can you help?
Dent repair - Armitage Shanks {p}
I live near Grantham and got hold of a man (Mr Dent! Ha Ha) who makes a living fettling up cars for the local main dealers. If there is anyone similar near you the local dealers might give you his details. Mine did a very difficult dent for £50 and it took him well over an hour. Good work and good value IMHO.
Dent repair - Blue {P}
I quit my job and forgot to write down all the useful numbers for companies like Dent Master, however, I need his services myself so will get in touch with someone at work and get a number. Our guy worked in and around the area of Sunderland AFAIK. I guess I should have spent more time writing down numbers instead of shredding the contents of my desk! :-)

Blue
Dent repair - BobbyG
What happened with the job Blue? Was it not you that was looking for job advice not that long ago?
Dent repair - Blue {P}
Indeed it was me, but that was over a year ago, doesn't time fly? :-)

I couldn't see it going anywhere long term so I decided to go back to uni this September, I got two job offers for call centres so I took them sooner rather than later as I want to be assured of part time work when I go back to uni. As it happens I'm not earning a huge amount less than I was selling cars but I'm putting in a lot less hours and I'm a lot less hassled.

It was a shame, in my last week there I managed to get my hands on a SportKa which was really quite good fun, and yes, if you're wondering, that really was the highlight of my last 6 months with that company, apart from my training courses at Loughborough which were great.

Blue
Dent repair - The backroom guy
Hi Blue
I know a guy works in the Tyne Wear area, he has done a few excellent repairs on my Honda and works for dent wizzard .I have also contacted him via Springfield Honda as he does a lot of work for the dealers.Email me via my profile,he might be the guy whose number you have lost.
Regards,

B.R.G.

Dent repair - Blue {P}
That's the guy I'm after, he's done work at both of the garages that I have worked at and I've never seen him do a bad job. Will send an e-mail now.

Blue
Dent repair - Blue {P}
Well I would send an e-mail but you have your profile hidden, any chance of un-hiding it for a day? :-)

Cheers

Blue
Dent repair - Dynamic Dave
Well I would send an e-mail but you have your profile
hidden, any chance of un-hiding it for a day? :-)

Blue, send it via me if you like.
Dent repair - Dynamic Dave
I have been looking for contact details for Dent Master. Can you help?

Google came up with this.

The national phone number is: 0800 433 687 or 01952 292 901

Looks like Dent Master has also rebranded themselves as Dent Wizard, as the following link redirects you somewhere else.

www.dentmaster.co.uk/

Plus there are also various dent repairers listed in HJ's FAQ's.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=23
Dent repair - machika
Thanks for all of the helpful contact details.