How to sell Brand new Car - alan
Hi

Any advice...i have a brand new mondeo X 2 l auto. Its is a month old and has done only 200 miles. I have to sell this car for business reasons.

How would I best do this on auction or to a daler direct. I expect to loose a lot of money ... but any ideas would be welcome

alan
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - robert
Alan,

Can you be more specific, i.e. EXACT with the model - saloon, hatch estate, colour - any options. petrol or diesel?

are you the 1st registered keeper?

If you provide as much detailed info as possible you might even get offers via this forum!

Regards ........... Robert
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - alan
Hi
Had not really thought of selling on the forum but here goes It is a hatchback 2l Silver Ghia x Automatic. I bought it from a lease company at 5 miles now has done 200! Has al the bells and whistles electric everthing etc Heated leather seats Cd multichanger, Auto dimm rear view Alloys. I knwo that I will loose quite a lot on it ..rather someone has the benefit than a dealer!!

thanks

alan
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - ladas are slow
my dad will give you £8000 for it, cash.

(he is wanting another car, due to the hyundai sonata having more problems)
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - markymarkn
I thought u were poor LAS???

You feel better now the therapy's finished btw?
i am skint, but my dad isnt.
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - Moosh
How much are you seeking for it?
I presume it's a petrol?
The car at jam jar is around 19,000 I am looking for 15,600 ono
alan
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - Phil
lol @ 8 grand offer from LAS. Keep it coming LAS, you make this forum more entertaining!
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - Stuart B
But Phil they *are* virtual pounds and at the current exchange rate, oh that offer is worth at least 4p.

Mind you he might up the offer if you paint it pink to match the Chieftain? I hear there is a nice tank transporter for sale in Whitley Bay too! Desert camouflage too. (that's also pink in case you didn't know.)

Happy New Year Chris! keep us laughing, please!
if it was pink i would offer £8500.
It can't be 'brand new' if it's registered!
What is the date of 1st registration ?
Registered 2/12/2001 i suppose correct description as new
alan
I think you'll have difficulty realising £15,600 despite all the extras.
Because its so new its difficult to get a book value for the car.

I would try one of the big auction houses early in the new year.
Good luck!
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - robert
Alan,

So, you are the 2nd owner - the person buying it from you will be the third.

Look at the trade sales site and you will find your car for about £15.5k - for a DM - 2nd "owner" vehicle - as yet unregistered as well.

I'm looking forward to HJ's comments on this - but I think you are going to have to drop a bit more to get it shifted.

Can you explain why you have to offload the car. Perhaps if you went back to the lease company they might take it back off you, for a fee, and save a whole lot of messing about.

Regards
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - Steve G
You might get lucky at auction. January traditionally is good month for the motor trade and prices will be strong.
The main problem with selling it this way (apart from only gettting trade price) is you will haveto pay substantial auction fee's. As a private individual it will probably be around £ 350.00 +.
Why not try a few Ford dealers around the country. Sometimes a high spec car such as yours can be in demand at main dealers.
If you use the auction make sure you negotiate the charges before you enter the vehicle. Not all of them are rigid, sometimes you can bargain them down if they are keen for your business. Its worth a try!
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - Honest John
There's a chance that alan might catch a private punter at auction if he's smart and chooses the right hall on the right day. But I don't see it at £15,600 unless he successfully runs the billy up. More like £14k, with luck.

HJ
Re: How to sell Brand new Car - G
If you do take it to auction. Negotiate a deal with them first.
Watch they don't stuff you (as a private punter) with 10% commission, about 1400 notes in your case.
A flat fee of 150-200 sounds more than fair to me, plus entry fee.