Norwich Union recovery quote - Dave N
My RAC cover came up for renewal, so I thought I'd look around for other quotes. At the NU site, you have to fill in a lenghty form (for the marketing boys, I guess), and even though I wanted 'personal' cover, it still asks for type and age of car, and annual mileage.

For my '99 Shuttle up to 35K miles/year, it came back with £90 ish.

So I kept everything the same, but changed the vehicle to a Mazda 323, and that came back with £64ish.

Ah, smaller engine I thought, so I tried a Daewoo Matiz, £75.

Maybe there's a reliability factor built in, so i tried a Freelander 1.8 head gasket special, and that came back with £74.

Then I went overboard with a Landcruiser Amazon, and that was around £80.

So can anyone explain the possible logic behind the various figures?
Norwich Union recovery quote - y2k+4
I've got NU cover! It cost me just £45 (basic)...considering it earned me 10% discount on my insurance quote (£1320), I think you'll agree that it was a bit of a bargain.

I'd imagine it's based on their own database - they may have a particularly high incidence of Honda Shuttle breakdowns (as unlikely as it sounds to me).
Norwich Union recovery quote - Happy Blue!
Age of car and not currently being made may have an effect on parts avilability?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Norwich Union recovery quote - Dave N
I went with RAC in the end, the NU prices looked good, even more so if I registered my Landcruiser instead of the Shuttle.

TBH I can't stand filling in huge forms that ask everything about you, car, reg, DOB, mileage, when insurance is due (both house and car), etc etc. I'd be recieving rubbish in the mail from them for ever and a day. There was also some caveat about covering motorbikes that I couldn't be bothered to read, and I didn't want to set up a direct debit, so spent the extra £25 with RAC and done with it. Everyting's covered with just one phone call and no questions.