seat leon and honda civic 1.6 - stevegolf
I have 2 civic sports from new,2 years and 1 year old good usual Honda service etc.
However the new civic planned for end year changes all and with 1.8 entry level and higher price will sadly probably rule this out.
The new Seat Leon looks classy and sporty and this I will consider for end year/next.

What is the Seat service,reliabilty,and dealer servic like?
Also paintwork as I am not very impressed with the Honda paint-chips and marks easy compared to "good old Astras I had".

Does the leon have good residual values?
With thanks
seat leon and honda civic 1.6 - Leon on Derv
Steve, personally I would have no difficulty in taking on another Leon. i have found my 2001 Tdi 90 to be reliable, economical and reasonably well equipped. My own experience of the dealerships has been excellent and the warranty cover has been fantastic.

The badge snobs will inevitably see the Leon as the poor mans golf, in my case it was 2K cheaper than the equivalent MkIV golf, handled much better, had more standard toys and in my opinion looks better than the golf.

I found the paint finish to be grand although I am not in the habbit of tailgating gritters or anything else come to that.

How it compares with the Civic I can't comment first hand.

Regards,
Leon
seat leon and honda civic 1.6 - paulb {P}
> How it compares with the Civic I can't comment first hand.

As a current Civic owner (1.6 5 door) and former Leon owner, I can perhaps help you out there :-)

Seriously, I agree with Leon's comments - very nice cars, and frankly I wish I still owned mine (2001 Y-reg SE TDI 110, in silver). Dashboard design uncannily similar to last A3, also. Ignore the badge snobs. Cabin not as roomy as the Civic, is the only thing.

Obviously, how anyone finds dealer service for any given make is always going to vary, but from my own experience of the hapless service department of the dealer which sold me my Leon (part of a largeish regional chain, who have since given up their Seat franchise altogether) you may not find them as good as Honda. Again, that's just my experience; possibly our local Honda people are better than average.
seat leon and honda civic 1.6 - adamj23
Have you looked at the new Astra Sport Hatch? If you can see past the badge it is a very good car, and the quality is far better than the Civic (I currently have a Civic)
seat leon and honda civic 1.6 - rp
Can't comment on the Honda, but my wife had a Seat Leon and we loved it - I agree totally with all the comments about ignoring the badge snobs as it turned out to be better built and more robust that my BMW 330 and X5!

We traded it in recently for an Altea and that is also beautifully built. However, the buying experience showed that our local dealer in Milton Keynes was staffed by numpties who refused to talk discounts, return calls or show the slightest interest in selling us a car. We ended up buying through a dealer in Stoke recommended by a broker and they were great - both in price and quality of service. We now use a dealer in Aylesbury for servicing who have been excellent.

I guess you have to choose the dealer carefully and they are not as universally good as the "premium" brand dealers?

seat leon and honda civic 1.6 - stevegolf
thanks all the info---yes the honda dealer here ia also first class too.

I will wait until the new Leon arrives then see--I checked the astre sport nice and infact had 3 new astras from 2000 to 2003 and also no problems at all = solid cars shame the badge and lack of accessories too.
Thanks