New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Dunkyboy
Having replaced the wipers on my Zafira, they now will not wipe properly, they leave a smear on the up stroke, and isn't much better on the down stroke.The originals were perfect, and if i hadn't binned them i'd be putting them back on. I have cleaned the windscreen, the wipers till i'm blue in the face, but to no avail.What can the problem be, is the wiper not pressing down hard enough, how can i get them to work better please.It doesn't seem to matter if it's belting down or just misty the result is the same.
I did read somewhere about twisting the wiper blade some how, but can't for the life of me remember anymore than that.
Please help it's driving me NUTS......
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Dynamic Dave
Couple of questions.

Why did you replace them if the originals were perfect?
Did you replace them with el-cheapos, or did you buy replacements from Vauxhall, which surprisingly aren't that expensive?
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Victorbox
If they are genuine Vauxhall blades, did you fit them with the arrow stamped on them facing up the screen? That is facing up with the wiper arms in the up position.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Dunkyboy
They originals were replaced with a new pair because the passenger side one had split.They were replaced from Halfords, and they weren't cheap. I fitted them myself and they are the correct.
I'm considering changing this car now, thats how fed up i have become.I was due to change it later this year after the plate change but i'm not putting up with this for another 4/5 months.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Dynamic Dave
They originals were replaced with a new pair because the passenger side one had split.

You said earlier that "The originals were perfect"
They were replaced from Halfords, and they weren't cheap.

Nit picking aside, I've previously used Halfords blades - but never again for the same reasons. I also have found them to be overpriced and not as good quality as the Vauxhall ones, which were a lot cheaper.
I'm considering changing this car now,

Bit extreme all for the sake of a pair of poor quality wiper blades if you ask me. I would first go back to Halfords and explain the problem to them.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Bill Payer
Were they Halfords own?

I've bought Bosch wipers from Halfords and they've been fine.

Before changing the car, take the Halfords wipers back, get a refund and try 'proper' Vauxhall OEM wipers (although they may not be the same manufacturer as orginally fitted anyway).

The arm bending thing is to get the wiper arms parallel to the screen.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - cheddar
I'm considering changing this car now, thats how fed up i
have become.I was due to change it later this year after
the plate change but i'm not putting up with this for
another 4/5 months.

Changing the car because the wiper blades need replacing, i usually wiat until the ash tray is full myself!

Seriously, try cleaning both the screen and wiper blades with vinegar, malt or light, not fancy cider vinegars and the like.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Altea Ego
Go to the Vauxhall dealer, get a set of Vauxhall blade assemblies (not just the rubber but the whole blade assembly complete) and provided you havent messed around with the wiper arms they will be back to normal.

Use vinegar and newspaper to clean the screen and - Bingo.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Rishab C
The genuine GM blades at Vauxhall are much better than the Halfords and BOSCH ones, and a fraction of the price at about £4-6 each. (Though they are sometimes more if you get a free bottle of screenwash but you can ask for trade club prices)
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - AR-CoolC
Halfords sell either Bosch or their own brand (which I think are Valeo) check that the universal clip supplied with the wiper is definatly in the correct position and that the wiper is the correct way round.

Vauxhall branded wipers are Champion and IMO are the better items.

(Glass-Tech)
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - johnsnc
£4-6 each ??? .... not what I was charged today . The cost of 2 complete front wiper assemblies for my Zafira at the local Vauxhall dealer was about £17 inc VAT.
No wonder I didn't take them up on their offer of fitting during the car's service ... hate to think what the labour charge for 2 minutes work would have been.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - ihpj
... hate to think what the
labour charge for 2 minutes work would have been.

>>
Well once upon a time they happily charged me £15 +VAT to 'adjust my windscreen washer jets' on my Vectra. So I'm guessing thereabouts?

I shall never ever buy a VX again.

-----
Im not plain stupid, just a special kind of stoopid.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - y2k+4
I've had a similar problem on my Focus, bought Bosch blades from Halfords, and it leaves a trail on the stroke down (handy). I think it's because the blades are much taller than the originals and the 'spoiler' (as they term it) catches some of the washer water when it's sprayed, so this comes off as it happens.

Verdict: Halfords - overpriced tat.
New windscreen wipers - Zafira - Rishab C
You paid list price, you should ask for the cheap price. They all will around here, and stick it on a taxi firm's cash account.