Pug 306 driver's electric window - ShereKhan
Hi

I've just driven to work this morning and the drivers window has stopped working. It went down now it won't go back up. I've pulled the window up 3/4 of the way and jemmy'd the window to keep it up.

Car is a 2000 W 306 2.0 Cabriolet.

Am I looking at a new window? Or am I looking at a motor and door runner replacement? What sort of money am I looking at?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet
Pug 306 driver's electric window - SjB {P}
306s are known to fatigue electrical wiring at the point where it passes from door jamb to door. This normally affects the central locking, but it may also affect electric windows. As a simple test, see if opening and closing the door, or alternatively waggling the wiring (difficult, if in the same heavy trunking as my wife's 306) at least gets it to work enough to complete closure. The driver's door is normally the first to get affected, because it gets used the most.

If wiring is not at fault, the next easy thing to check is that the fuse hasn't blown. The fuse panel is to the right of the driver's knee from memory, though I don't have the book at hand to quote the fuse number in question.

If the fuse is fine, then only taking the door panel and inner plastic weather shield off is going to reveal the cause.

If you haven't already, try a web search for ideas.
Pug 306 driver's electric window - ShereKhan
Thanks for your quick reply.

The central locking is working ok. I can hear the motor whirring away. So I think the regulator on the window has failed. I've called the local dealer and found it costs £138.33+VAT.

Over the weekend I have heard the window go clunk a few times which makes me think the regulator needs replacement. I just hope the motor and glass are ok.

As its due to rain later today. I think I may have to bite the bullet and take it down to my local Peugeot independent.
--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet
Pug 306 driver's electric window - Ian-B
Has the window packed in completely or do you still have any movement, my 306 drivers door window jammed a couple of inches up, took off all the internal door gubbins and found it had jumped out of the plastic guide , once it was put back in everything was ok.
Ian
Pug 306 driver's electric window - likerocks
I experienced this. The clips that hold the glass to the regulator are made of brittle green plastic. Together with typically clonky french window operation, they don't last forever.

The answer is a combined motor / regulator at about the price you mentioned. It'll give you the chance to check for perished wiring / corroded contacts at the same time, though.

Make sure that the door membranes are refitted properly!
Pug 306 driver's electric window - ChrisMo
If you can find the green plastic peg in the bottom of the door, it is repairable. I fixed ours by removing the door trim, carefully cutting a hole in the plastic membrane with a stanley knife and removing the window regulator. I removed the plastic bit which rides up and down the track and re attached the peg with a self tapping screw through the back. The peg has a hole in it already which makes a nice pilot hole for the screw. I coated the screw with epoxy adhesive as well to make sire it won't come apart Now as they say in the manuals, reassembly is the reverse of the above.
I sealed the cut in the plastic membrane with some duct tape.