306 Dturbo diesel pump and immobiliser - jonny scrap-it
My 96 phase 1 Dturbo DHY engine let go of a pre-combustion chamber resulting in a wrecked piston and head. I have now got a replacement engine for it sitting in the garage which is complete with all ancilliaries. It came out of a later car, 97 phase 2. The breakers that supplied the engine told me I would have to swap the diesel pump for my original one as it stores the code for the keypad immobiliser. The 'new' engine was out of a car that didnt have the keycode, but they didnt know if it had a transponder do-dah.
Anyway, I went to Peugeot to ask them but all I got was a blank look, so I thought id try here. Will I need to swap the pumps over? surely the code is stored in the ECU and that then sends a signal to the fuel shut off valve in the pump? The pump on the new engine is slightly different in that it has a damper and a pipe leading to the oil filler, whereas the old one doesnt have these.
Any help will be appreciated.
Jon
306 Dturbo diesel pump and immobiliser - RichardW
The immobiliser function on the later cars is built into the injection pump. There are some electronics associated with the stop solenoid, on the end of the injection pump, under a tamperproof cover. Provided the pumps are the same (eg both Bosch, swapping them will be easiest, as the old pump will remember the imoobilisier code and talk to the immobiliser. Alternatively, take the pump off the new engine, remove the metal cover (grind the bolts off) remove the stop solenoid and fit a standard one. Run an ignition switched feed somewhere to the stop solenoid, and the engine should run and stop. The keypad will be bypassed though.

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
306 Dturbo diesel pump and immobiliser - jonny scrap-it
Thanks for your help.
Can the stop solenoids be swapped over from one pump to the other? What happens if you buy a brand new pump then? How do you go about installing that so the immobiliser still works?