Negotiating for an Accord - Greenslade

On Sunday, I'm going to view an '04 reg Accord 2.2 CDTi Executive saloon at a Honda dealer. Arctic blue pearl, 5k on the clock. No Sat-Nav or other extras, except (I think) 17" alloys. Apparently this is an ex-demo vehicle.

Screen price is £18,495, but I've been 'stalking' the car via the internet for six weeks, and it still hasn't sold.

My trade-in is a 1992 J Volvo 850 2.5 20v GLT saloon. 65k miles supported by loads of MOT certificates and some service history, but being realistic not worth a great deal. Still runs very nicely, but cam belt has never been changed (!) and I feel it's getting to the stage where several expensive bits (clutch, catalyst etc) could fail in short order. Besides, I can afford to get something much nicer. Don't really want to sell the Volvo privately, as I have to go into hospital for an operation in a couple of weeks, and could do without the stress of timewasters, canvassers etc.

Compared with similar vehicles in the Honda dealer network, the price looks a bit rich for what is a 12 month old car. After six weeks on the forecourt, I'm hoping they will cut a nice deal for completion in April, either a 100% cash deal or part-finance if they can beat the 5.75% APR I would pay by extending my house mortgage.

Would anyone like to suggest what a suitable 'price to change' might be?

This is assuming I like the car. I am expecting to.

Thanks,

Chris